Site Sponsors

Thread: FS:Leica 28mm Elmarit-M III (UK/EU)

Post Thanks / Like

FS:Leica 28mm Elmarit-M III (UK/EU)

For sale a Walter Mandler designed version III 28mm Elmarit. Located in the UK but willing to post worldwide at cost.

Lens is 3rd party 6bit coded and works wonderfully on M8 with IR filter.

It's the same model that's for sale here, but a later edition without the Made in Canada script on the front.

Includes rear cap and correct 49mm IR filter (or MRC B+W UV filter, your choice).

Body in excellent condition with minimal usage marks, glass clean and free of scratches/haze/fungus.

Price is 590. Please PM if interested and have any questions.
    Last edited by bonatto; 24th April 2015 at 12:47.
    fredbonatto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS:Leica 28mm Elmarit-M III (UK/EU)

Lens includes hood as well. Smooth focus and precise aperture clicks. No oil on blades. PM me your email if you're interested and would like to see photos.
    Thanks
    fredbonatto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS:Leica 28mm Elmarit-M III (UK/EU)

Had some time to take proper photos today. A few bright marks and a bit of dust but it's in really nice condition. Hood does not have cracks or any damage. The lens is about as sharp as it gets across the frame wide open for 28mm, renders very nicely and is lightweight. Having tried a few 28mm lenses, this one has given me some of my favorite images, however, it is on the larger side. This has an advantage and a disadvantage.

Handling wise it's perfect for the larger digital M bodies or a mirrorless kit. On the other hand, it blocks a 15-20% lower right corner of the viewfinder on an M8. In use, this is really a non-issue, especially if you're moving around.

So there you have it, one of Mandler's finest lenses, with extras like the correct 6 bit coding and IR filter for a fair price. The first time around I purchased this lens about 2 years ago for 800 and didn't regret it.

I'll also include a nice lens pouch that I have for it.

fredbonatto.com