The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hartblei Super Rotator 45 in Mamiya mount

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have a 45mm Hartblei Super Rotator tilt-shift in excellent condition showing virtually no signs of use. Included is case and caps. I have not tested it thoroughly, but it seems to be a pretty decent copy from my initial testing.

Here's what I can tell you:

First, it performs about as well unshifted as my Mamiya 35 lens -- so while not in the same class as most of Mamiya's better lenses, it is definitely very usable. When shifted horizontally the full 12mm (the worst scenario) it still holds together remarkably well, except for perhaps the last 2 to 3mm, which gets pretty soft -- and in fairness is marked in red to warn you so. It does not vignette noticeably however, which is a pleasant surprise. Tilts work as advertised, altering the PoF to suit, though note that generally only a tiny bit is needed, like a quarter to half turn -- unless you are very close to your subject, then you'll use more. Also I should point out the distance markings are way off, so please do not expect them to be accurate -- use the AF confirm dot or split screen to focus.

Please understand that if this lens were as good as say the Mamiya 80 or even the Mamiya 55 corner to corner, I would be keeping it -- but it isn't that good which is why I'm selling it. So to be clear, while it is a very usable lens, please don't expect top-notch performance.

These sold new for around $900 -- and one just ended on eBay for just under $1000 -- but I am going to ask top dollar for this lens because of it's rarity and popularity: $1200 OBO, shipped (US) and paypal'd. Local pick up is fine too.

Cheers,

smhoer

PM sent. I gave in per our earlier emails. I found one in Pentacon mount but could not find an adapter so I will definately take yours off your hands.