The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S 30-90mm ASPH lens

john

For Sale: Selling Leica Vario-Elmar-S 1:3.5-5.6/30-90mm ASPH…..very limited use….in excellent condition with everything that came as new….even though it is a zoom, images from wide to near telephoto are exceptional….$7900 plus fees (paypal) and shipping. Images of lens and references on request.

There is recent discussion of this lens in the Leica forum. The comments cover all the opinions from recent users. From my limited use, I found it consistent with the other S lens for exceptional images in available light/landscape work. I could not find fault with it. I also use the S 180, 120, 70, and Hasselblad 100/2.2 and the 28/4.

My work is mostly with Profoto B1 lighting now, and the central shutter lenses are critical. That is the reason for selling now.

John