The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Shen Hao PTB 617 - 6x17 panorama camera

JeRuFo

I've had this camera for sale on the Large Format forum for a while in a quiet way, not sure if I really wanted to part with it. But now that I haven't used it in the last year, I've cut the price severely and am really trying to sell it now.

So here it goes. For sale is my Shen-Hao PTB 617 with NSH 617 back, a panorama camera that takes 4 photos on 1 roll of 120 film.
The camera is in excellent condition and is only lightly used. I ordered it new in 2012 (I think) from Badgergraphic.

There are some minor marks in the wood in places that you can only see on full extension (which was already there from the factory). The wood and paint and metal that you can directly see is all pristine on both the camera and the back.
The darkslide of the back has a few very superficial scratches and scuff marks, most of which were there when it came from the factory, weirdly.
The bottom plate of the camera also have some very light scuffing, visible only when you look for it.
The plastic ground glass protector has some marks on one side, from putting it in the bag, I guess. No real scratches here either, but not a polished look.

The camera has the optional fresnel installed from the factory.

I'll throw in a viewfinder, suitable for 6x12 and 6x17 with 72-150mm lenses. Ordered from bhcamera (bh-camera store--viewfinder for 4X5 612 617 624 Camera). Not a precision tool by any means, but still useful for determining rough composition before you put your tripod down.

I'll also include some film to get you started:
3 pro packs (5 rolls) of 120 Fuji Velvia 50 (RVP) and
1 pro pack of TMAX 100 (TMX)
Expiration of the film is around now or slightly in the future, but the film has been frozen since bought new in 2012.

I live in (the east) of Holland, so the camera is currently in the EU.
Local pick up is fine if desired.

Asking price is 1100 Euros, worldwide shipping included.

I'll add some photos later.