The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Summilux 50mm 1.4 ASPH Silver Chrome 6-bit

Description:

Up for sale is a very fine Leica Summilux 50/1.4 ASPH in Silver Chrome. Though it is a bit heavier than the regular black, many can attest for its better construction (thanks to the use of brass): smoother focus, stand up well with brassing from usage, etc. And who would not love chrome right? Anyway, this one has been CLA'd by Don Goldberg from DAG, the best in the business, recently in preparation for this sale. I will include the document in this sale.

Sale included
1. Leica Summilux 50/1.4 ASPH in Silver Chrome
2. Original box, white paper box, leather pouch, original Leica front and back caps and documents
3. DAG receipt

Condition:

Optically, the lens is in perfect condition; there is no scratch, fungus, separation, or any defect like that. Mechanically, the focus action is buttery smooth with the right amount of resistance. There is no dreaded loose hood screw problem. Cosmetically, there is a bit of brassing on the hood and body but you can barely see them (check the pictures). There is a small amount of oil on the aperture blades, a common problem with this lens. This would not interfere with any function.

I am asking $2900 shipped within CONUS. I can accept Paypal Gift or +3% domestic. International sale would be extra for the shipping cost and 4% for paypal.