The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica R 19mm II, R 28mm II, 35-70 f4 lenses

mjm6

Folks,

I'm thinning down the pile of lenses I have, and finally decided to sell these three, which are legendary Leica performers.

I'll post some images as soon as possible, but I wanted to get the posting on here to help me get my butt in gear to sell these!

Leica R Elmarit 19mm v2 - $2,250
This is the better performer of the two 19's, and considerably better than the 21mm Super Angulon. This lens has a Leitax Sony A mount and the chip to communicate with the camera. Reports 20mm to the camera, but who wants to quibble over a millimeter? I also have the original Leica mount, so you can have it as well, and you can put it back to full Leica specifications in the original mount if desired.

The Leitax mount make it easy to convert to any other available Leitax lens mount, as you simply need to purchase any other Leitax mount and remove this one and put that one on, and you're good to go.

This lens also has been modified by the previous owner to work on the Canon bodies without trimming the mirror of the 5D. (a small amount of shaving to the metal on the rear element barrel). Makes no difference if you are not a Canon user, but very nice if you shoot Canon. Not sure about the most recent Canon bodies, as I don't shoot Canon.

I've been very pleased with this lens on the a900 and the a7r, but I don't shoot with it enough to keep it.

Leica R Elmarit 28mm v2 - $1,950
This is considered the sharpest 28mm lens out there on digital (still? not sure whether it still is).

I simply don't shoot the 28mm focal length, and I bought this on a whim about 6 years ago. I much prefer 35mm (and 24mm) to the 28mm. It has been sitting in my bag, only pulled out a few times in the past few years. This lens has a Leitax Sony A mount and the chip to communicate with the camera. Reports 28mm to the camera. I also have the original Leica mount, so you can have it as well, and you can put it back to full Leica specifications in the original mount if desired.

The Leitax mount make it easy to convert to any other available Leitax lens mount, as you simply need to purchase any other Leitax mount and remove this one and put that one on, and you're good to go.

Leica Vario-Elmar 35-70mm f4 lens $925
This is the better of the two 35-70's that Leica made. It renders with that classic older Leica style, with a very even field, a smoothness to the OOF areas, and none of that jittery Bokeh that almost all of the modern ASPH M Leica lenses have. I think Leica has lost it's way?!

This one is in the original Leica mount, as I never adapted it.

All prices include insured shipping in the US. I'm willing to ship overseas, but we'll have to resolve the shipping fees, and I'll only ship to verified Paypal addresses.

I'm going to keep this here on GetDPI for a few days before posting on any other sites.

Photos will be coming tonight hopefully.

---Michael

mjm6

19mm v2 Photos

This lens is optically in great shape. The barrel shows a little use, so it's not a collector's lens.

The one photo shows the modification to the rear lens barrel for use on the Canon 5D. (subtly visible). The previous owner did the modification, and blackened the tapered side.

mjm6

28mm photos.

This one is also in great shape. I rarely used it, and it was in near mint condition when I got it. Optically, it is great.

mjm6

35-70 lens photos.

This lens shows much more use. I got it used, but haven't used it much myself. Works great, but for a zoom, I'd prefer a wider range.

Sorry about the dust in the one photo. Optically, it is great, I just forgot to clean the front element before taking the photo.

mjm6

The 19mm lens is SOLD folks... Thanks for the interest.

The 28mm and the 35-70 are still available.

mjm6

Just dropped the prices on the remaining two lenses...

$1875 shipped for the 28mm
$875 shipped for the 35-70mm

mjm6

Just dropped the prices on the remaining two lenses again...

$1800 shipped for the 28mm
$800 shipped for the 35-70mm

mjm6

The 28mm is Pending sale at the moment, so probably spoken for.

The 35-70 is still available.