The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

200mm Minolta AF High Speed APO f/2.8

$875 Pay Pal and Shipped to CONUS

This lens is legendary and deserves its reputation. The finest 200mm lens I have used and a fraction the size of the 70-200 zooms. I've used this lens on both my Sony A-mount cameras (A900) and via an adapter on the Sony a7II. Works equally well on both.

This copy is super sharp with very attractive bokeh. See my attached sample photos taken at the Austin Formula One race and at a Lacrosse Tournament.

These lenses are getting harder to find in excellent shape but this one has only the smallest of wear marks on the barrel (see photo #3) where the lens hood slides down. The lens hood itself is ever so slightly out of round - you wouldn't likely notice unless looking for it. Other than those two items, the lens is as near mint as you will find.

Glass and blades are clean and MF is silky smooth. The AF gears sound great and the lens finds focus quickly.

FYI the Minolta HS APO has a very clever hood and focus ring design - hood is built-in and slides up and twists to lock in place while the focus ring is protected by a metal cover ring that also slides up and locks out of the way when you want to access manual focus. Clever and they don't build them to this quality level anymore.

I think Guy can attest to the greatness of this lens - can't you Guy?!

Dang it! The lens arrives and it's raining.

But I poked the lens out the door and grabbed this. I can already see that it's wicked sharp.