The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sony A380 14.2mg CCD camera - poor man's DMR

vdeakin

For sale is one of the last Sony's CCD cameras with its last and best 14.2 megapixels sensor. The A380's sensor is tuned for the best colors and the highest (of all its CCD sensors) sensitivity metamerism index of 86 (according to DXO measurements), thus the reference to DMR colors.
If you are not familiar with the A380, if has a Steady Shot stabilization, tilt LCD and a live view which is quite unique for CCD cameras. Sony did it by placing a second sensor into the VF.
I have installed a custom focusing screen w/microprism and a diagonal split screen. Because of the way Sony implemented the live view, you can see the diagonal split on LCD in LV mode and use its rudimentary 1.4X and 2X magnification (or digital zoom) for focusing, a little fiddly but workable. I've also updated it to the latest firmware.
The original focusing screen, a new battery and a universal charger are included.
The camera was purchased with an idea of replacing the AA filter with a Kolari UV/IR glass of similar thickness (sold for $100), but never got around to it. It was very little used when purchased, and I hardly added more than a couple hundred activations.
I want $250.00 plus PP fees and shipping.

Attachments

vdeakin

For sale is one of the last Sony's CCD cameras with its last and best 14.2 megapixels sensor. The A380's sensor is tuned for the best colors and the highest (of all its CCD sensors) sensitivity metamerism index of 86 (according to DXO measurements), thus the reference to DMR colors.
If you are not familiar with the A380, if has a Steady Shot stabilization, tilt LCD and a live view which is quite unique for CCD cameras. Sony did it by placing a second sensor into the VF.
I have installed a custom focusing screen w/microprism and a diagonal split screen. Because of the way Sony implemented the live view, you can see the diagonal split on LCD in LV mode and use its rudimentary 1.4X and 2X magnification (or digital zoom) for focusing, a little fiddly but workable. I've also updated it to the latest firmware.
The original focusing screen, a new battery and a universal charger are included.
The camera was purchased with an idea of replacing the AA filter with a Kolari UV/IR glass of similar thickness (sold for $100), but never got around to it. It was very little used when purchased, and I hardly added more than a couple hundred activations.
I want $250.00 plus PP fees and shipping.
bump