The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Arca-Swiss Rm3d system, with SK 35, 47, 72, 120 lenses, Rotaslide, Rotamount

johneaton

Unfortunately the time has come for me to part with my Arca-Swiss Rm3d technical camera system – my increasingly older body is increasingly complaining at the effort :) -- such that I’m no longer using it very much and it would much better off with a more active photographer – hence this sale!

ARCA-SWISS RM3D CAMERA:

Arca-Swiss Rm3d -- with Hasselblad V-mount for digital back – in very good condition, all movements work fine.
one of the first in the US, bought from Rod Klukas in 2009
+/- 5 degrees tilt
15/15 mm left/right gear driven lateral shift
30/10 mm up/down gear driven vertical rise/fall (I believe this is the only difference from current Rm3di which has 30/20mm)

Arca-Swiss Vario-finder – original style (in practice, since the advent of live-view on MF backs I’ve not used the finder in my work)

Arcas-Swiss Rotaslide – enables switch from ground glass to digital back without removal from camera
Arca-Swiss Rotamount – enables rotation of digital back (landscape/portrait) without removal from camera

Leica Disto D5 laser rangefinder – to measure distance to subject very accurately (essential for architectural work!)

SCHNEIDER KREUZNACH LENSES:

All lenses in Arca-Swiss R-mounts, each lens with:
- calibrated extension tube,
- RotaSlide/Rotamount compensation tube,
- viewfinder mask,
- focus drum, (unfortunately appropriate scaling not engraved on vario-finder – I’ve never used the drums, because if I need dof or hyperfocal distances a phone app is much more accurate)
- focus ‘cheat-sheet’ to convert subject distance (from Disto) into units on camera focusing helical
- magnetic shutter cable,
- front & back caps

all are in excellent condition, carefully looked after:

SK APO Digitar XL 35mm, f5.6 – bought new from Rod Klukas 2009
SK APO Digitar XL 47mm, f5.6 – bought new from Rod Klukas 2009
SK APO Digitar 72mm, f5.6 – bought from GetDPI member 2012
SK APO Digitar 120mm, f5.6 – bought from GetDPI member 2012

PRICES:

I believe that these prices are very reasonable -- they represent a discount of up to 70% off new prices

Rm3d: $2000
Vario-Finder: $750
Rotaslide: $1000
Rotamount $250
Leica Disto D5 $150

SK APO Digitar XL 35mm $1400
SK APO Digitar XL 47mm $1200
SK APO Digitar 72mm $1200
SK APO Digitar 120mm $1200

I am also offering a couple of discount packages:

‘Starter’ Package: Rm3d, Vario-Finder, Rotamount, Disto D5, SK 47mm: $4200
Ideal if you’re just getting into MF photography with a technical camera, especially for architecture – the image circle of the SK 47mm allows for the full range of movements.

‘Everything’ Package: All the items listed in this ad: $8800

If you’re interested in either of these Packages please let me know asap – I’ll not sell any of the individual items for the first week or so to enable the packages to sell first. If you’re only interested in individual items, I’ll run a ‘wait list’ and get back to you in the order in which you contacted me if the packages don’t sell (PMs please).

All prices include shipping within CONUS & Canada (sorry, no sales outside of these areas); add PayPal fees – I may accept personal checks on an individual basis.

Examples of the performance of this system for architectural work (my primary use) can be seen on my web-site: English Medieval Cathedrals: English Medieval Cathedrals -- more than 80% of the images on this site were taken with this camera, using either a PhaseOne IQ160 or P45 digital back.

If you need further information on Arca-Swiss and the Rm3d (including a video on it’s use), a good starting point is Rod Klukas’s web-site: Arca-Swiss Products & Company Information

EDIT:

I forgot to include the center filter for the SK 35mm -- in excellent condition: $150 -- the buyer of the lens can have it for $100 -- I will include it in the 'Everything' package.

Attachments

Last edited: