The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M2 + RARE Leica 35/2 Summicron v1 8 element (Very late serial - 1968)

Morituri

Leica M2

Pictures coming soon.

Leica M2 with self timer. Beautiful condition. Clear bright viewfinder. Smooth frame advance, all frame-lines are full and clean with no odd imperfections in the frame-lines. Rangefinder is perfectly aligned and 100% clean, no damage or "gunk" in the rangefinder patch. Shutters are whole, and has no damage to them. Straps lugs look unused, there is zero scrape or damage at the top-plate above the strap lugs. Overall, body shows minuscule sign of usage, in very good condition.

Price: $650

- - - Updated - - -

35/2 Summicron

Pictures coming soon.

This is one of the latest 35/2 v1 8 element summicrons I have ever seen, serial 2275349, from 1968. I think this is one of the last 35/2 8 element summicron ever made. Leitz Wetzlar Made in Germany of course. I did a quick look at eBay, I only found one single unit that had higher serial than this one.

Optics;
Almost like new, both lens surfaces are perfect and without any damage or fault. The coating is perfect, very strong and saturated colours. No pitting, polishing marks or any other damage in any way. Inside, no haze, no fungus, no coating damage no optical separation from the edge of the inside barrel or any other optical imperfect of any kind. Only imperfection minuscule trace amount of atmospheric dust, can really only be seen if looked closely with a torch.

Focus smooth and just the perfect amount of dampening for precise and accurate focusing with a sharp lens as this & aperture ring smooth and with very confident and distinct stops at every f stop, from f/2 to f/16.

Body 9/10 shows very little wear, very clean, no dirt or grime. Has no engravings of any kind, like name or date-of-birth number

Comes with Leica chrome front lens cap.

Price: $2400

Last edited: