The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Black Paint Leica M7 Ala Carte

wjlapier

Well, I finally decided to let the ala carte M7 go. I've been thinking about this for a while. I change my mind then I change it again! I've had the camera since 2011. Purchased from Precision through Robert Jagitsch who was awesome with the order to Leica. When it arrived it was perfect. Awesome heft to it, awesome meter, and a great shooter with any glass I had. I did send it back to Leica to have the top plate tightened down and requested the black frame counter disc be installed.

As you can see this is a black painted Leica Ala Carte M7 with the MP style levers, black shutter button ring and black hot shoe--these last two pieces are not black painted. The body shows signs of use but not abuse. Slight brassing in the usual areas when used. No dings or gouges. Never dropped. Never shot in the rain. Never used in high humid areas. I live in SE Washington State where it is dry as a bone year round.

The VFer is .58. You'll see on the receipt .72 and maybe the box too? .72. Check the serial numbers and you'll see it's a .58 VFer. Only three framelines are visible. 28, 35, and 50. Masking was done by Don Goldberg. Rangefinder is spot on.

Lets see. The M7 comes with it's original strap, the inner padded box, plenty or documents and receipts, silver box,and the outer grey box. The outer box is flimsy and ripping in one area. The strap on the M7 in the pictures is a Luigi which I will keep. The lens on the M7 is not for sale. I do have the front cap somewhere around here.

Price is firm, and I think fair considering what it would cost today to re-create this camera--I think over $6000. I'll accept Paypal payment. Shipping will be on me. I will double box the whole thing and ship FedEx. If someone international wants to buy the camera I'll ship it USPS.

Price is $3250 which includes shipping in the CONUS. International buyer pays actual shipping USPS Priority Mail.

IMG_2744 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2743 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2746 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2749 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2753 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2751 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2756 by wjlapier, on Flickr

IMG_2759 by wjlapier, on Flickr

If you need to see more pics just follow the link from the pics above and there are a few more.

wjlapier

Some cameras I'm interested in trading for:

Leica M9 low actuation black paint

Mamiya 7II with 65mm or 80mm lens(es?)

Rollei SL66--Not sure about this one, but depends on model, condition and lens.

Actually, if the camera sells I'll most likely buy the Mamiya. It's been a while and I'd like to get back to using one.