The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Classic Hassy 110/2

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I'm selling this lens to finance the purchase of an engagement ring. So I'm open to reasonable offers.

--- shown on Phase One XF using a (not included) Hassy-to-Mamiya adapter. Could be used on most bodies using (not included) Hassy-to-X adapters.

Price is $875 OBO.

I purchased from Robert's Camera in May for $875.00. At the time of purchase it had some fungus which reduced contrast and increased flare. I had it professionally cleaned by The Camera Doctor in NYC and am selling it for the same price as before the cleaning. That took care of most of the contrast/flare issues. I'm glad to provide raw files showing the optical condition of the lens to (pre or post cleaning) any serious inquiries.

Read more about this lens here:
Big Buttery Bokeh; Ultra Fast Portrait Lenses for Phase One Bodies - DT Blog

If you don't hang out on the Medium format threads you may not know me. I have 3000+ posts here and work for Digital Transitions the Phase One Dealer (though this sale is mine personally). I'm glad to provide references if desired.

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Re: Classic Hassy 110/2

Raw files (including a backlight and flare-producing light setup) are here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...kyeDNUNkZtek8xQWJ2UUF5YXlWdi1tTkE&usp=sharing

iPhone photos of this lens and the other I am selling at the moment (Hassy V mount 110 f/2) are here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0NQhIQQVmsFWjNnb2JUcnNHM28&usp=sharing

It's not easy to show in pictures, but you can see a small amount of dark spots on the rear element. I'm not clear if this is residual fungus (seems unlikely) or etching left from the fungus (seems more likely). It's maybe 10% as much as it was before the cleaning. The raws from the 110 (see first link) include one that is back lit and one meant to produce flare (strong direct light just out of frame). You'll see there is some flare there, but I don't think it's significantly more than this lens would normally produce without a lens hood.

The lens does not have a hood or front/rear caps. I will include an off brand lens cap and wrap it with protection for the rear element.

Last edited:

lensmanx

Doug,

Is the focus ring smooth to operate? How about the aperture ring are there any issues with this? Are the blades free and clear of any oil, residue or anything else?

I could not see the dark spots you mentioned? If you have any other pics you can post that would be great.

thanks,

Stefan