The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7 Kolari mod, Leica R 50mm Summicron

Hi there, pardon me if it's bad etiquette for a lurker to post an ad, but the rules seem to permit it. I thought this forum might be interested in this gear, as this is where I heard about the Kolari mod. I'm a regular on Rangefinder Forum, and have posted it over there, too. I've also still got a 100% rating on eBay, after more than a decade, also under the name mabelsound. Thanks!

I’d been planning to use the Sony A7 as my full-frame digicam to complement an M8, but after a bunch of M8 problems, I’m just going to get another M9 and skip the Sony. So:

Sony A7 Kolari Thin Filter mod, $1150. I bought this just last month from Kolari Vision; it’s a used camera, newly converted. Bought from them for $1250. Barely used. It works marvelously with legacy lenses. For info on the thin filter mod, check here: Sony A7 Series Thin Filter Legacy Lens Upgrade - Kolari Vision Camera comes with original box, charging cable (NOT separate battery charger; you can plug the mini USB directly into the camera), strap, battery.

Leica R lenses are all 2-cam, with aftermarket caps. Assume user cosmetic condition for all, but glass is clean and clear and images from these are terrific.

Leica Summicron-R 50mm f./2, with lens hood, $325
Leica Elmarit-R 90mm f/2.8, $SOLD
Leica Elmarit-R 135mm f/2.8, $SOLD

Also: Kipon R-to-E adapter, quite nice, retails for $80, for you $SOLD

I WILL EAT THE PAYPAL FEES AND INSURED US SHIPPING IS FREE. But I will not ship outside the US. Thank you! PM me, or feel free to email directly at jrobertlennon at icloud.

John

Last edited:
Trying to edit the ad but can't seem to: price drop on the A7 ($1075) and Summicron ($270). These items are also on eBay, at the same prices. Thanks!

Thanks John for a smooth deal. The 135mm Elmarit R arrived this morning. All is well (in fact, it's in nicer shape than I expected!)