The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Upgraded Chrome M8

cam

Re: FS: Upgraded Chrome M8

i do agree about the Luigi case. i finally bought one because my fingers were getting frostbite. the added plus was i did notice a dampening of noise. (the downside, on my R-D1, is that the covering is now coming off from putting it on and off :( )

j. white

Hi Terry,

This is a sweet looking camera, but unfortunately I am very happy with my M8. Can you please tell what hood you're using for the Summicron 28? That looks so compact compared to the standard one!

Many thanks,

-J.

Terry

Well, Guy and Jack are the ones who turned me on to these. I think you will need to email them because they are only showing the 46mm regular hood and I am using the W (wide angle) version. Here is their ebay listing with all of the 46mm hoods they have in stock right now.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Heavy...sooZ2QQfsopZ3QQfsubZ18QQsaselZ1552931QQsofpZ0

This is their regular website and they don't have the 46W listed there either.

http://www.heavystar.com/servlet/StoreFront

Happy shopping :D

trisberg

I'm pretty sure the hood for the 35mm Summilux ASPH (12589) would work. I have used it on a 28mm Elmarit with an M6 and it worked great. It's a very compact hood and it also has a cut out for the view finder. I have since sold the Elmarit but I still have the hood - maybe I should list it here for sale if someone is interested.

-Thomas

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member

Hi Terry,

This is a sweet looking camera, but unfortunately I am very happy with my M8. Can you please tell what hood you're using for the Summicron 28? That looks so compact compared to the standard one!

Many thanks,

-J.
J you can also use a contax G hood CG-1 which is a round metal screw in hood . I use the CG-2 on the 35Lux and the CG-1 on the 28cron. The heavystar hoods are cheaper and I have used them as well.

Roger

woodyspedden

Congratulations Terry. I am glad you finally got yourself down to one Silver Chrome body as you wished.

Wish i had the money to have bought the upgraded one. I love my upgraded black body. I may end up upgrading the second black body as well. We'll see.

Woody