The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Pentax 6x7 75mm f4.5 SHIFT lens

Ari

If you've ever wanted to shoot architecture on medium format affordably, this is your chance.
I'm getting back into 4x5 on a limited basis, so I have to sell this great lens.

It is not mint; it has been used, but cared for, and never abused.
The front element has a noticeable coating flaw, it looks like a lens cap rubbed against it at some point, and the price reflects that. This has had no effect on images.
The rest of the glass is excellent, and rear element has no issues.

The barrel shows some wear, but nothing unusual.
Shift function is perfect, aperture turns very smoothly, and rotation is strong and positive.

Includes Pentax caps.

Architectural work is the purpose for the lens' existence. As the name implies, it allows you to shift the lens, in this case 20mm in any direction.
The multi-directional function is possible because the ring closest to the camera allows you to rotate the lens 360˚, so you can apply the shift in any direction. The lens rotates to 8 different positions so that you can, for example, shift up and to the left (as opposed to just straight up/down or to the left/right).
You have to stop down manually after focusing and before shooting (the aperture ring is on the filter-end of the lens), as you do with a view camera lens.
This was a favourite of MF architectural shooters before Canon's TS-E lenses; image quality is typical of the Pentax 6x7 line-up (i.e., very good to excellent).

This page has some good information: SMC Pentax 67 / SMC Pentax-6x7 75mm F4.5 Shift Reviews - 67 Wide-Angle Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

$325.00 USD plus shipping.

Thank you

Attachments

Ari

Buyer disappeared, so this is still available.

Now at $335.00 USD including shipping to Canada and USA.

Thanks