The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Leica M9-P Silver Pristine

mewanchuk

@Moonshine,

I don't think anyone is accusing you of being a "cheat". The problem is, when the seller comes on and alleges a subsequent difficulty with contact, it is difficult for us to draw any sort of conclusion--especially when we only have one side of the story. Some thoughts to consider:

-Leica will repair the sensor free of charge if it is indeed an issue--time is the only factor. In truth, it probably needs a good professional cleaning before one may conclude the issue is corrosion. Leica will do this in the course of an assessment.

-The serial number may also be found on the top of the camera, along the hotshoe connector.

-The actuations, while perhaps more than anticipated, are still not that big a deal--especially if the camera is in excellent cosmetic condition, and is going to Leica for an assessment.

-All that being said, the important thing is that you and the seller are communicating. I hope the two of you are able to come to a mutually respectful and agreeable restitution.

Best regards,
Mark

Ibramr

Greetings. This is an interesting experience by two members in forum. My comments here are from the perspective of a member who was contemplating buying both the Summilux and the X2 from the seller (Moonshine).

The first observation is related to the errors in the serial numbers and the number of actuations. If these data were exchanged, and I assume that they were, then they must be accurate. The serial number should be exact, and the number of actuations should be within 100 clicks or so to the estimate. We are all Leica users here, and some like Moonshine are with sizable level of output and extensive range of sophsticated Leica equipment, therefore, mistakes with regards to these seminal two pieces of information are not easy to accept.

The second observation is related to communication. It seems that it broke down at a given point of time. I am inclined to assume that this is responsibility of the seller as he/she should manage the expectations of the customer. Perhaps I am missing something, but an immediate full refund could have solved all the issues in 5 minutes.

It seems that all is coming to a good end. Best of luck to all parties.

Last edited:

SevereGAS

My thanks to forum members for your support, both in the thread and in private messages/emails. It was never my intention to be the center of attention of his unfortunate transaction, nor did I have any ill wishes to the seller. I am pleased to inform you that both parties have had cordial dialogue and seller has offered options (including full refund) as resolution. I trust it will be resolved to both parties' satisfaction. Best regards, TC