The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Canon 400mm f2.8

malmac

I would like to find a home for my 400mm Canon lens - this is a super lens with a front element that is 6 inches across - so if you have not seen one it is a big sucker.

The lens comes in it's special carry case and I am also including a substantial Manfrotto video head which makes shooting birds, sports or motor racing a lot lot easier.

The lens is in Australia so this is probably a limitation when it comes to shipping the lens overseas.

I am asking $9,000 Australian for the lens and tripod head.

The lens has had little use as we retired from our photographic business and really my interest is now in landscape photography rather than action photography.
Here are a few photos however more can be supplied as required.

Regards

Mal

malmac

A week gone already - how time flies. Still looking for a home for big Bertha but not desperate.

steve_cor

There are four Canon EF 400 F/2.8L's. It would help to add some more info.

Yes, there were four. The oldest two didn't have image stabilization.

The EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens was introduced in 1999.

The EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens was introduced in 2011.

--Steve.