The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Tri-Elmar 16-18-21 WATE w/ viewfinder and paperwork, in box with pouches

Price: $3,600.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: Included to ConUS

This lens is in good condition, with some paint wear on the body and the metal hood. The glass is perfect.

Comes with the Universal Viewfinder, and every thing original in box, paperwork, leather pouches for the lens and the finder.

It is 6 bit coded too.

Phenomenal sharpness. Most useful Leica lens for architecture or interior photography. It is purported to be the only Leica wide that performs greatly on Sony A7 series too, which I have never tried.

Price is net to me and includes ConUS shipping.

Tri-1.jpgTri-2.jpgTri-3.jpgTri-4.jpgwatef-1.jpgwatef-3.jpg

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
If anyone ever wanted to buy me a gift. This is it
Oh and you can keep the finder. Lol

1200 down and payment plan. Rotflmao

jaree

Surprising no one has picked this up, yet. The price is a steal and the lens a gem that will outlast all electronic AF lenses of today. I know it as I have one - wonderful colors and sharpness.

I have to agree, the lens renders beautifully. It took me a long time to decide to part with this one and the 24, they're that good. Alas, work takes me in a different direction and I can no longer justify the Leica kit.

k-hawinkler

I mentioned this offer over at fredmiranda.
As I already have the WATE I don't think I need an extra copy.
But the listed purchase price is tempting.
Five years ago IIRC I paid around $5k for my copy with Frankenfinder.

Good luck.

Thanks, I think it's a very fair price also.

I mentioned this offer over at fredmiranda.
As I already have the WATE I don't think I need an extra copy.
But the listed purchase price is tempting.
Five years ago IIRC I paid around $5k for my copy with Frankenfinder.

Good luck.

I can't believe this is selling so cheaply with the finder. A couple of years ago I bought mine here in DPI. At that time it was a nice deal @ $4200 w/finder. Granted, M lenses seem to have taken a price dip; but WATE is outstanding on A7rII.

(And Guy, I think the finder is really handy! You can use it like a cinematographer, framing the shot with alternate focal lengths all the way from 16 to 28 without having to take out / set up the camera. I'm brain-programmed to know what will be included inside 28-50mm rectangles, but I find it harder to 'previsualize' the FOV of super-wides.)

Kirk

Last edited:
Thanks Kirk, sounds like I should raise the price! ;)

I can't believe this is selling so cheaply with the finder. A couple of years ago I bought mine here in DPI. At that time it was a nice deal @ $4200 w/finder. Granted, M lenses seem to have taken a price dip; but WATE is outstanding on A7rII.

(And Guy, I think the finder is really handy! You can use it like a cinematographer, framing the shot with alternate focal lengths all the way from 16 to 28 without having to take out / set up the camera. I'm brain-programmed to know what will be included inside 28-50mm rectangles, but I find it harder to 'previsualize' the FOV of super-wides.)

Kirk