The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C-Mount adapters for Panasonic G1

monza

Just received a shipment of the Taiwan (Hawk Peng) adapters, $49 delivered. Also can machine c-mount lenses to fit.

monza

Just received the MS Optical c-mount adapters. This one has a really nice feature - the center part of the adapter (the c-mount thread) is removable, so the lens can be oriented properly in the mount. This way the focus scale is easily readable.

Since the thread is removable, it can first be placed on the lens, the the lens & thread can be placed into the adapter. If the thread does not fit into the adapter completely flush, this is a good indicator that the rear of lens will need machining for proper infinity focus.

The c-mount thread is secured in the mount by set screws.

The MS Optical c-mount adapter is $119 delivered.

wjlapier

Robert,
I'm curious about the inside diameter of the MS Optical adapter compared to Hawk's adapter. Larger? Same? Didn't I see a picture of your's with an adapter machined?

I like the idea of moving the focus scale--mine are all over the place.

One last thing--could you show a picture of the other side with the set screws?

Thanx--Bill

monza

Bill, it's pretty much the same...both adapters have reached the limit due the the size of the m4/3rds mount itself. To mount larger diameter lenses requires machining.

The machined adapter you saw was an earlier Hawk adapter; the latest model is slightly expanded to match the one I machined.

The set screws are on the side of the m4/3 flange, I can take a macro shot and post it.

K

Kloyy

C mount adapter received. Also other adapters and lenses. That was fast, Monza.