The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8.2 - $850

Arjuna

FS: Leica M8.2 - $850

I bought this camera here from a GetDPI member in January, 2013.
From what I can tell from the filenames, and unique file ID, it seems that it had taken a little over 21K images when I got it, and is now at a little over 24K, i.e. I have taken almost 3,000 pictures with it.
This is a lovely little camera, an improvement over the original M8, with better frame lines, quieter, and, I believe, better glass on the LCD. I haven’t had any problems with it.

There are two minor issues with it:
1. in the viewfinder, the far right LED doesn’t seem to work, i.e. when the display is showing a 1/1000 shutter speed, it shows as 100C, rather than 1000.
2. the LCD on the back suffers somewhat from the tea/coffee stain problem. It was fairly strong when I first got it; seemed to fade away, then seemed to get worse after a long cold drive, and seems to be fading again. Mostly I do not even notice it, but if the image is quite light, and if I tilt the camera away from me, it is visible. I have tried to show it in an attached picture. Of course this has no effect on the image files.

Included:
Leica M8.2 camera body, used
leather wrist strap (Blackbag)
newer, smaller, battery charger (only used a few times: bought to replace the original when it died)
four batteries (two Leica, two other?): I am not sure of the condition of all of these - they all will show full charge in the camera, but at least one of them doesn’t seem to finish charging on the (new) charger.
two UV-IR filters, 39 mm, I believe (one is on the 35 mm Summarit at the moment)
body cap

Price:
US$850, PayPal’d and shipped (insured, tracked) in North America.

References: I don’t change equipment very often, but I have bought and sold a couple of items here on GetDPI, and on eBay my ID is rinpung.

I also have a Leica 35 mm f2.5 Summarit lens, with hood, also bought on GetDPI, with box, for US$1100, which I will sell with, or after, the M8.2.

M8_front_DSF6953 on Flickr

M8_top_DSF6957 on Flickr

M8_bottom_DSF6958 on Flickr

M8_back_off_DSF6954 on Flickr

M8_back_on_DSF6956 on Flickr

M8_back_on_stain_DSF6955 on Flickr

Summarit_35_DSF6962 on Flickr

Arjuna

Thanks for all the interest. I have had a couple of people in town contact me about the camera, which would be more convenient. If they don't pan out, I will get in touch with the people that have messaged me, in order.

Thanks.