The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: RRS TVC-34L Tripod

med

Looking for a Really Right Stuff TVC-34L tripod in working order. I know this is a long shot as many consider this "the last tripod you will ever buy", but I figure it is worth a shot. Hoping to find one with the appropriate bowl levelling base if possible.

Thanks!

-Matt

Frankly

I just bought a used 34L and BH55LR head for $1250 off Fred Miranda, it was a seldom used early model.

Had offers from another guy on here who may decide to sell just his leg set, that's his business, I'm sure he'll see this WTB.

A very new version of the 34L and same head sold for $1400 on eBay. RRS did a logo change last year and it looked mint. Frankly it's a shame since the seller only cleared the $1250 I paid, eBay is always a last resort.

Note that the leg design of the 24 and 34 tripods changed at some point with the newer design lacking the little hump of the earlier. This will affect whether they can be used with the newer, smaller lighter platforms they are introducing, along with inverted ball heads that should trim bulk and weight. If you want to use these you'll want the latest design.

I ended up with the older 34L with the leveling base and longer handle, also a BH55LR and put a plate on the bullhead so I can add or remove at will. I'm using it as a rifle mount as well as a general photo tripod and it should be the bomb. Also got the Rock Claws for the feet and they are really nice for nature work (not for hard artificial surfaces though).

Second time owning one of these rigs, someday I'll wise up and not trade them.

med

I just bought a used 34L and BH55LR head for $1250 off Fred Miranda, it was a seldom used early model.

Had offers from another guy on here who may decide to sell just his leg set, that's his business, I'm sure he'll see this WTB.

A very new version of the 34L and same head sold for $1400 on eBay. RRS did a logo change last year and it looked mint. Frankly it's a shame since the seller only cleared the $1250 I paid, eBay is always a last resort.

Note that the leg design of the 24 and 34 tripods changed at some point with the newer design lacking the little hump of the earlier. This will affect whether they can be used with the newer, smaller lighter platforms they are introducing, along with inverted ball heads that should trim bulk and weight. If you want to use these you'll want the latest design.

I ended up with the older 34L with the leveling base and longer handle, also a BH55LR and put a plate on the bullhead so I can add or remove at will. I'm using it as a rifle mount as well as a general photo tripod and it should be the bomb. Also got the Rock Claws for the feet and they are really nice for nature work (not for hard artificial surfaces though).

Second time owning one of these rigs, someday I'll wise up and not trade them.
Thanks! I was not aware that they changed the leg design. Good info regarding the used pricing I may be able to expect as well. I already have a BH55 head along with an Arca P0 and am thinking of upgrading to the Cube. Eventually I would like to get a fluid head for video (hence the leveling base).