The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Slightly modified Mamiya 28mm D

Don Libby

While the Mamiya 28D is and always will be a great lens; its major downfall is the lack of filter attachment. Lee filters corrected that somewhat after Phase released their version with the Schneider Kreuznach 38mm LS.

I had the opportunity to test both the older Mamiya and newer Phase LS lenses side by side and choose the Mamiya. Side by side the lenses appeared to be identical in their outward appearance. Shortly after picking up the Mamiya I ordered the Lee SW150 knowing it was being marketed for the Phase (I figured it would fit)

I quickly found the that the Lee while made for the Phase would fit the Mamiya with one slight problem. It was just a little loose. The Lee was loose enough that it would cause problems when I attached a filter however it wasn't loose enough not to see if I could "fix" it.

The Lee SW150 is now semi-permanently attached to the lens using superglue. The front ring assembly is now rock solid. I've used this extensively both with filters (you'll need the filter holder) and without with great success.

I've attached what I believe I enough close up images showing what the lens looks like. The glass is clean with no fog and the focus clutch works as it should without problems.

I no longer need this lens and felt it time to part with it. I'm willing to entertain offers however I'm listing this at $2,200 which includes PayPal fees and CONUS shipping.

Don Libby

Trying to clear up some of my older for sale threads and found this still open. I'm removing this from sale as I now use it with a IQ1-100.