The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8.U with Green Paint and VC 21 f4

gehrm

Hi, have a nice Leica M8.U in green paint and a VC 21mm f4 up for sale.

All prices include PayPal fees and shipping to US addresses only. I will ship internationally to some countries, but please contact me first as shipping and insurance can be quite expensive.

Thanks.

Leica M8.U - $1250

Has 28,702 shutter actuations. In great working order. Green paint done by certified Leica technician Horst Wenzel in Vancouver.

Comes with the Thumbie, Cyclops, soft release and Artisan & Artist brown canvas strap as shown in the pictures.

Ships in the original box with manuals and other standard accessories.

Voigtlander 21mm f4 w/ Viewfinder - $300

Lens is in great shape. I found I don't like shooting this wide so want to pass on to a good home. Comes with the external viewfinder and B+W UV filter.

gehrm

Hi, others are probably a lot more knowledgeable than I on the topic, but AFAIK, the M8.U was a package that Leica offered to the original M8 owners where they changed the shutter to one that goes up to 1/4000, upgraded the screen on the back to sapphire and probably a few other tweaks I'm forgetting about. Hope that answers your question.

Farnz

Hi, yes Leica offered upgrade options for the sapphire screen, quieter (1/4000th) shutter but also 2m frame lines, and a grippier covering to replace the M8's standard slippy shark skin one. I was just asking which upgrades have been done on the camera you're offering for sale please?

Pete.

gehrm

Hi, I'm not the original owner, but it has the new shutter and sapphire back for sure. I assume it has the frame lines and other tweaks as well. Thanks.