The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Hasselblad swc

calabash

I am looking for a HASSELBLAD SWC with Biogon 38mm T*
Any model after 1982 is considerable.

Please PM me, if you have one want to sale

Animalland

Thanks snapper. This is definitely a good one. But the price is a bit high. I would expect to get a 903 if the price is more than $3K.
If I didn't remember it wrong, 903 uses different glasses than the ones on that SWC/M, that's why sometimes those SWC/M with CF lens are selling at a higher price.

Jan

If I didn't remember it wrong, 903 uses different glasses than the ones on that SWC/M, that's why sometimes those SWC/M with CF lens are selling at a higher price.
Very early models did not have the T* coating. The 905 uses different glass due to environmental reasons. All models in between use the same glass. Glass wise there is no difference between the 903 and SWC/M models.

Godfrey

Here's the history of the SWC model, data from:
http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HS/HSTable.aspx

1954-1958 SWA & SW
"Superwide Angle": fixed Carl Zeiss Biogon f/4.5 38 mm wide angle lens.
SW: 1956 slightly changed lens barrel construction.

1959-1979 SWC
With silver C lens.
From 1969 with black C lens, from 1973 with T*

1980-1988 SWC/M
Successor to the SWC. Ability to attach a polaroid back.
From 1982 with CF lens.
From 1985 onwards: spirit level in new style finder, removed from body.

1988-2001 903 SWC
Successor to the SWC/M. New Palpas coating in the body to reduce flare.

2001-2006 905 SWC
Successor to the 903 SWC. The Biogon had to be recalculated for new environmentally friendly lens materials. Now comes as a CFi lens.​

My first Hasselblad Super Wide was the 903SWC. Sold it in 2004, missed it over the next eight years, so I acquired another. The second is a 1978 SWC (black lens, T* coating). The performance from them is so very close to identical... I prefer the styling of the earlier model and the way its DoF indication works.

G

calabash

Thank everyone for kindly helping me look for the camera and having detailed explain of models. I already got one on ebay with a reasonable price.