The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Profoto Three 600w/s Mono-Light Set.

fotografz

Some of the best Mono lights made, rugged, dependable, consistent ... and IMO (and direct experience) the best light modifier mount of any strobe system made. :thumbs:

This is a three light studio/location kit in excellent shape. These heads never got to see much action as I use two D4-2400 generators in studio, and went Hensel Porty for my location kit.

System includes:

Three 600 Compact Plus units (not the less expensive "Special" version), for a total of 1,800 w/s of controllable light. Basically provides Key, Fill and Accent lighting capibilities.

Two Profoto zoom reflectors (I don't think these were ever used.)

One 7" Profoto grid reflector.

Two 7" grids, These narrow the light spread so you can place the light on the subject more precisely. Dramatic portrait effects via light placement, great for product accent lighting.

Two translucent umbrellas, (these act like very portable soft-boxes when you shoot through them) these mount directly on the heads, no holder needed. (These are better units than the Westcott made ones what came with the Value Pack.)

Three power cords, three sync cords.

Two pocket wizards, (one unit is brand new, the other almost new). Includes sync cord to connect PW to one of the Profoto heads (the other two heads would then be triggered by their built-in inferred recievers.) The other PW is used in the camera hot shoe.

The two 600 units and zoom reflectors come boxed and enclosed in a Profoto carrying case with the umbrellas, the third unit with the grid reflector will be boxed separately with the PW and accessory cords.

All you need to add are stands ... the ones that came with the Profoto 600 Value Pack were junk and I gave them away to my assistant to use with her little Canon flashes ... which is all that they really should be holding IMO :)

This is about $2,850. worth of stuff new @ B&H. My price $1,850. Shipping to Con/Us via UPS Ground at buyers expense (but I cover insurance through my business policy), Pay Pay accepted with a suggestion of using "Send Cash" ... any Pay Pal fees are the buyers expense. Shipped once payment clears.

Go with the best rather than the mickey mouse stuff that would cost you almost as much ... (not to mention that it looks as serious as a heart attack instead of some plastic thingy in a goofy color. :ROTFL:) This is "real deal" gear that'll last and last, and last.:thumbup:

Questions cheerfully answered. :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Re: F/S: Profoto Three 600w/s Mono-Light Set.

Damn, this is tempting

180q

Why must you always tempt me with such deals.

-Chad

fotografz

Seriously, this is full tilt Pro gear with a light quality that has to be seen.

charlesphoto

Groan... where were you when I bought my cheapo elinchrom monos last year?!!

180q

Seriously, this is full tilt Pro gear with a light quality that has to be seen.
Oh, I have no doubt. It's just that I've already given you half my life savings, yet you still keep tempting me. :D

-Chad

fotografz

You should get rid of that money Chad ... all it's going to do is get worth less and less while everything worth a darned increases in price.

fotografz

Addendum:

For those that already have Profoto, already have Pocket Wizards, or are looking to reduce costs, I'll sell just the 3 Compact units with 3 Zoom reflectors, power and sync cords and caps for $1,500. and split shipping costs to ConUs.

Pay Pal fees still the responsibility of the buyer. Checks accepted but must clear before shipping.

180q

You should get rid of that money Chad ... all it's going to do is get worth less and less while everything worth a darned increases in price.
Haha....sadly you are right! My current funding is either for a D700 or lighting, just not sure which one yet.

-Chad

LJL

Had to check if these had sold yet or not ;-) Marc, you are making life difficult at times ;-) Great gear in great condition and at a very good price. Now if there was just a way to make these into D1s.....

LJ

fotografz

The complete kit as advertised is spoken for.

My thanks to all interested parties.