The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black Leica M9, boxed, extra battery, Luigi Case and Strap, RRS grip system

Stuart Richardson

Hello all. The time has finally come for me to part with my beloved M9. I have mostly returned to film use, and the S handles all my digital needs.

The M9 itself has been used in the half case for nearly all its use, except when used on the tripod with the RRS system (I did not photograph it, but it is the BM9 L system with the grip (260 dollars new). It is in great shape, as I did not use it very often. That said, I have had it since 2009, so it has some small marks and very slight brassing in some areas, but overall it is in really good condition.

I have not had any sensor issues...everything has worked flawlessly for the past few years. The camera has a factory supplied black dot...they replaced the red dot at my request during one of the professional gear checks (if you are on the professional program, Leica will check over your gear twice a year if you request it, I have used the service occasionally).

The Luigi case has the built in grip and a nice strap. It is also in great shape. The camera comes with the original battery, and an older spare battery from the M8. They both hold charge and work, but a brand new battery would likely have better capacity.

I will sell it all together for 2850 dollars including paypal fees and worldwide shipping. I live in Iceland, which is where the camera is, but I am also an American, so I have a US based paypal account as well as a European one, so whichever is better for you is fine. I have been a member here since the beginning and I have bought and sold gear from many members. That said, this is an older camera, so while I guarantee that it is working on arrival, I cannot guarantee it beyond that, as I am a private user, not a company.

In my opinion the M9 is still the best digital Leica M camera and unless the M's of the future switch back to CCD, it is unlikely that its color and feel will be comparable!

M9-sale-4.jpgM9-sale-3.jpgM9-sale-2.jpgM9-sale-1.jpg

Maggie O

Great kit at a great price! Wish I had the $$$$$. Someone is going to be very happy with this.