The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTT: Leaf Aptus II 5 for Alpa SWA body

danlindberg

The back bought new by me and has been very well looked after. Mamiya mount. Low actuations. Never given me a single problem. Two batteries, charger and triggercable.

I love how the back renders colours and texture but today my typical printing size is 1,4x1 metres and that size my Credo 60 is superior so that back sees the action and the Aptus only sits in the safe.

The negatives about this back for those not familiar with it is that it needs light! Lots of light, native iso is 25 and going beyond 5-7 seconds exposure there will be noise introduced. Moire is also more frequent on this back with big pixels, but easily fixed with todays software. On the flipside it is forgiving in terms of focus precision and allows 'lesser' lenses to shine. On a tech cam it allows for larger movements compared to a more demanding back. As mentioned, colours and texture are nothing less but fabolous, very filmlike (even though I don't like that comparison)...

I'm looking for a trade with an Alpa SWA body. The STC would also do, but my first Alpa was a SWA and I sold it a couple of years back and miss it......

(I 'could' be interested in a Schneider 120 ASPH instead of the body.)

Obviously I have hundreds of files taken with the Aptus II 5 that I can show/share. I'm in south of Spain.

danlindberg

Now that Graham sold his lovely back to Besonga, I guess a 'bump' is in order ;)

Open for trade suggestions! Prefer Alpa stuff, but shoot me a PM of what you've got! My back is just sitting unused and its a pitty since it delivers stunning files.