The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Elinchrom EL Octa 74" Indirect Light Bank

Sheldon N

Up for sale is my Elinchrom EL Octa 74" Indirect Light Bank. This is bar none the best photographic light modifier I have used. Unfortunately I'm just not taking many pictures anymore and this hasn't been used much at all recently and I could use the funds elsewhere.

If you aren't familiar with this, it's commonly used in high end portrait/fashion photography (ie. Annie Liebowitz). It works by firing the flash backwards into the reflector, then the light bounces out and illuminates the diffusion screen for an incredibly soft, even light.

It's BIG, 74" across the face. It's rugged and well made, meant for pro level use. I've even upgraded the factory Elinchrom handle/mount with an Avenger D200 grip head that holds it even more solidly. It's in excellent condition, pretty much like new. Comes in a full length zippered case.

It retailed for around $1100 at the time I bought it, and the prices now for Elinchrom's indirect light banks are even higher now. I believe you can swap out the speedring and run it for Profoto or other strobes.

Price is $750 + actual shipping costs to your location.

If you need a *solid* light stand to hold it, I'll sell you the Avenger 4039CS boom stand in the picture for an extra $175. It retails for $280 and can easily support the big Octa, even boom it out sideways with enough counterweight. Not light, but definitely the most sturdy stand I've used. Perfect match for the Octa.