The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica MP black .72, 28 Summicron, 50 Summilux

jeffwros

Leica MP .72 Black Paint Film Camera $2750

Photos:

Leica MP Black Paint .72 Film Camera

Purchased used just over a year ago from KEH. They graded it as “Excellent” and I agree with their assessment.

I have noted in the photos where you will find wear. Notably there is a small nick near the frame counter where the brass has been exposed; not dented, just a nick. I'm not sure what caused it as it was there when I received it. It is quite small but it is there and noticeable and needed to be addressed but, as far as I am concerned, isn't issue for day-to-day use.

There is also some wear marks where the previous owner used a neck strap. These are par for the course for any Leica that actually gets used. I used a wrist strap and did not contribute to the marks but I wanted to point it out nonetheless!

Finally, I see that the film advance lever is beginning to show some brassing. I tried to get in close to show you the overall condition of this camera.

It was shipped to me without the box, papers, lens cap, extra battery, and flash (PC socket) cap. I immediately purchased a body and flash cap from B&H; included, of course, with this camera.

I have only had a couple of rolls processed by Richard Photo Lab but they both came out good. The camera functions as it should with no light leaks or anomalies that I was able to detect. I’m sitting on about 7 more rolls that need to be processed but that brings me to why I’m selling: lack of use.

This is a fantastic user camera and it needs to find a home where it will see some regular action! It is a real pleasure to hold and use and I will be sad to see it go.

Just so there is no confusion: the image, above, shows the camera with my A&A strap and 50 Summilux lens; neither are included with this purchase. I realized that I forgot to take a good full body photo when doing the detail shots! Anyway, this is for the camera, caps, and lots of bubble wrap only.

Payment via PayPal or I can accept CC over the phone (evenings, Central USA). I’ll handle the fees and the FedEx Express Saver shipping to your location; signature required. If you want insurance add $15; if it’s more then that I’ll cover the difference.

PM or post up any questions; happy to help! Thanks for looking!

Leica 28mm Summicron ASPH (non 6-bit) $1550

Photos:

Leica 28mm Summicron ASPH

Purchased just over a year ago from Tony and the crew at Popflash. Came in excellent condition and that’s how I’m offering it to you today! It has seen very little use this past year as my go-to lens was the 50 Summilux.

Comes with the box, manual, cap, hood w/cap, rear cap, leather pouch. The photos will give you a good idea about the condition of this lens.

NOTE: this lens is NOT 6 bit coded.

Payment via PayPal or I can accept CC over the phone (evenings, Central USA). I’ll handle the fees and the FedEx Express Saver shipping to your location; signature required. If you want insurance add $15; if it’s more then that I’ll cover the difference.

Leica 50mm Summilux ASPH (6-bit) $2750

Photos:

Leica 50mm Summilux ASPH

Purchased just over a year ago new from Tony and the crew at Popflash and if it’s not strictly “Mint”, because it has been used, then it’s certainly “Excellent +” in my opinion.

Comes with the box, manual, cap, rear cap, leather pouch. The photos will give you a good idea about the condition of this lens.

Regarding all of the aforementioned items: I am open to offers but, for the first few days, will keep the listing open for anybody who wants the gear as priced before considering & accepting lower offers. If you wish to speak with me about any of the items please PM me your number and I'll be happy to give you a call! Again, thank you for your interest!

Sales only to folks in the US; sorry if you're interested and out of the country. PayPal and CC ships only to confirmed address. Thank you!

Last edited:

jeffwros

The MP and 28 Summicron are both sold. The 50mm Summilux remains available for purchase. Thank you for your interest!