The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Contax 645 WLF

D

DougDolde

probably you can find one on ebay. i absolutely couldn't live without mine. i haven't put the prism on it in months.

fbf

Doug, I have been searching around for a while (3 months roughly) and most of the WLF is being sold as body/lens kit which I don't need. The prism is a little at the heavy side (bulky too) and is not ideal for carrying around. Oh well, never thought it would be a "rare" accessory.

robmac

Just saw one somewhere. If I can find it again, I'll drop you a post/PM.

Last edited:

robmac

Found it. www.kevincameras.com. Page 9 under 'Contax SLR'. Being from KC it isn't a bargain.

Also, the prior owner apparently glued a 1.5 diopter in place.

That said, a little heat should solve the issue. I acquired a former copy-stand mounted Leica 60 macro last year from a local shop for $100. Mint glass, etc. Reason - a lab gremlin had epoxied (as in 5lbs of the stuff) a copy stand mount to the front of the lens.

The #$%^ thing was the size of a pie plate. 5 minutes with a heat gun on low, off came the 'plate'. A little acetone to mop up the tacky residue and we were good to go, no harm, to foul.

Anyway, may not be your thing, and you may have already seen it, but just in case....

fbf

Thanks a lot. I saw the one from kevin a few weeks ago and he actually listed on ebay some time ago with no interests.

D

DougDolde

There have been a few others on ebay. Save a search so ebay alerts you when one is listed.

D

DougDolde

On second thought I would sell mine, but I'd need $5,000 for it. It's mint though, no glued on anything. :D