The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Velbon GEO E635D Carbon Fiber Tripod W/ PHD-62Q Pan/Tilt Head

raminolta

This tripod + head has been used briefly and is in pristine condition. It comes in its original box with all original accessories. It can't get any better quality in such a super light package. It is a perfect traveling companion.

It has many useful features, one may not find in similar tripod + head setups from Manfrotto or Gitzo in the same price range:

Construction Carbon fiber legs
Head Type 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head with quick release plate
Load Capacity 22 lb (10 kg) maximum, 8.8 lb
Maximum Height 72" (183 cm)
Maximum Height w/o Column Extended: 56.1" (142.5 cm)
Center Column Removable, 2-section
Leg Sections 3
Leg Tube Diameters 1.1" (28 mm)
Independent Leg Spread Yes, 9.5" (24.2 cm)
Leg Lock Type Flip-lock
Folded Length 27" (68 cm)
Spiked/Retractable Feet Yes
Bubble Level Yes
Quick Release Yes, QB-62 DIN with 1/4"-20 screw
Total Weight 4.5 lb (2.05 kg)

Other features: Ballast Hook, Spiked Feet. All legs are padded. Minimum Height is not specified since it can get very close to the ground by spreading the legs, removing the longer part of the central column and moving the head to the bottom part of the central column (check the pictures). Moreover, it comes with a hook and a bag to be hanged from the central column. By putting some weight (like stone pieces) in the bag one would add to the weight of the tripod and lowers its the center of mass effectively making it heavier and more resistant to vibrations.

Asking Price: $270.00
Payment method: PayPal
Shipping instructions: Shipping cost is extra but paypal fees are included.

I just checked and this setup currently sells for $430 at B & H.

Exchange/Trade possibilities: I am particularly interested in and looking for Sony A7r or A7r mk ii, Hasselblad 40mm or 50mm T* lenses, Sony Zeiss Sonnar FE 55mm, Arca swiss C1, D4 or Photclam cube geared heads, Acratech Video Head or GP, KPS T5 geared head.

I am having other items for sale. Separate posts are made for those items.

Let me know if there is any question. I have 700 feedback on Ebay (user id: raminolta).

Last edited: