The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Super rare lens Dr. Rudolph Hugo Meyer Gorlitz Kino Plasmat f1.5 5cm (50mm) M39 mount

elvispreasley

Up for sale is the true jewel of my lens collection: one of the rarest and most desirable lenses you may ever find - D.R.P.Dr. Rudolph Hugo Meyer & Co Gorlitz Kino Plasmat f:1.5 5cm (50mm).
This lens is a very well known vintage cinema lens, produced for the early cinema industry with very limited quantity. Due to the short focal flange distance the lens can be used on mirrorless and rangefinder cameras after professional adaptation. The lens is fully covering full frame sensor with no dark corners (I made a personal test with my full frame Sony A7II mirrorless camera). This particular unit is going in original focusing helicoid with M39/LTM screw mount (the lens is not rangefinder coupled obviously), so adaptation to your modern digital (or film) camera, should be not hard.
Here is some information about the condition of the lens: the lens body is showing some regular wear from the usual usage (paint loss, scratches, etc.); there is one visible peace of dirt inside of the lens; there is some cleaning marks and light scratches on the lens surface; there is some internal dust inside of the lens; there is some amount of haze inside of the lens; an aperture blades are dry and with no oil signs, however it has some dirt on it; an aperture ring is turning easy and smooth; the focusing ring is turning harder then it should. There is no any visible strong damage, which can make anyone think that the lens could be unusable or something. Overall the lens is in very good condition, especially referring to its age and rareness! I personally could give this lens for a full CLA and even convert it to rangefinder camera (with coupling), but I wont do it by the same reason: due to the rareness and expensiveness of the lens, I don't wan't to put it even under 0.001% risk - to be damaged during those procedures. It's very obvious that the buyer, who will buy this lens will give it for a full professional CLA and conversion to the lens master, cause such a kind of lens should be treated more then very well, after purchasing. After all of the procedures will be done - the lens will be amazing peace of your collection, what you can use both way: shooting with your camera or keeping on your lens shelf.
The lens is going with not original front and rear caps.
The price of the lens is the cheapest you can find in the internet for today - 24000$

Attachments