The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EOS 1V+accessories

Sharokin

Have a near mint Canon EOS 1V with booster, Battery Grip, High Speed (10 FPS) battery, all in box. The battery uses the same charge at Canon MK II cameras.
The camera looks near mint and works flawlessly.

Price is $850 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Locals (I'm in Southern California) can stop by and check out the camera.

No Paypal

Sharokin

Some more details.

The booster is BP-E2
The grip is BP-E1 (4 AA batteries)
Battery is Ni-MH Battery is NP-E2

Camera was purchased (I'm the original owner) as a 1V-HS model.

Thanks!

bensonga

You guys aren't playing fair....how did you know I buy everything in pairs?

PM sent.

Gary
Alaska

bensonga

Hi Sharokin,

Thanks for the quick PM response. I'm trying to make a decicison on this today. Any estimate of how many rolls of film you've put thru it? Do you have the charger for the NP-E2 battery also?

This is really tempting....but not sure how I would explain it to my wife. :)

Gary
Alaska

robmac

Redundancy? Nah, they see thru all that #$%^. Just beg (in a masculine manner of course).

Sweet looking kit..

Sharokin

I would estimate 20-30 rolls through the camera the last five years. I bought it just before buying my first DSLR, Canon EOS 10D.

bensonga

Redundancy? Nah, they see thru all that #$%^. Just beg (in a masculine manner of course).
Sweet looking kit..
It IS a sweet looking setup and a good deal....but I've decided I don't need two EOS 1Vs....someone is going to get a nice setup here.

I just ordered a PB-E2 booster for the EOS 1V I bought from Marc. Found one in LN condition for $140 (but without the NiMH battery...so I'll have to use 8 AAs).

I was hoping to convince a friend of mine with a Canon 1Ds Mk II and a bag full of Canon L series lenses to buy this one, but his reaction was "Why would I want to shoot film again?". Oh well......

My begging/groveling routine doesn't work as well as it used to......a painful lesson I learned when I wanted to buy Don Hutton's Mamiya 7II kit. :(

Gary
Alaska

Last edited:

robmac

I hear you, my B&G routine has pretty well run out of any mojo it used to have as well. I like your approach. When you can't buy it, try and get a friend to so you can borrow it ;>

OP - consider this a free bump for some nice kit.

bensonga

...I like your approach. When you can't buy it, try and get a friend to so you can borrow it ;>
In this case, I was just hoping to find a good home for it and eliminate the temptation on my end. :eek:

I probably won't use the 1V I bought from Marc very often, but there is a certain pleasure in owning it nonetheless....probably the last pro film camera Canon will every make?

I hope someone buys this soon......just looking at the pictures is killing me. It will help when I have Marc's 1V in my hands. :)

Gary
Alaska

robmac

I actually have the above pics in the folder my Mac randomly pics from for a desktop. I like pain I guess.

I'm tossing around the idea of maybe an F4S as a play around film unit once budget allows for another 5000 ED or maybe 9000 ED as I migrate my glass to Nikon use. Like yourself, wouldn't use much but there is something to film images vs digital - no reason can't use both.