The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA645 35mm f/3.5 AL [IF] Lens

thrice

This lens is a cracker!

I used it on the A7RII with a pair of kipon shift adapters (one of which also tilted) to get a 54x36mm equiv 95 Megapixel image. At f/11 the image is sharp all the way out to the corners.
It has a tiny bit of CA but that cleans up perfectly in LR.

Very low distortion, great resistance to flaring and all up a splendid optic.
This is the new version with the specially calculated formula for thicker coverglass to correct field curvature.

The lens has only been used about 3 times outside of the house. I simply don't have time :scry:

Mint condition, hood never used (only came out of the plastic for this photo) and even the caps in great condition with no visible marks.

Bought this year direct from the Pentax distributor in Aus.

US$1400 buyer pays post/fees/customs
I am in Australia

_DSC0492.jpg
_DSC0493.jpg
_DSC0494.jpg
Full Image:
lower olinda.jpg
Corner Crop:
35Crop.jpg

thrice

35HD.JPG
Full size JPEG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/30nvyq8vnsbjdfd/35HDPano.jpg?dl=0

This is a +/- 15mm stitch within the image circle of the lens at f/11. I focused on the waterfall which unfortunately means the rocks in the foreground are a little softer. This setup compares favourably to using the 21 Loxia with which I shot the same scene. Corners are roughly the same resolution with far lower vignetting, centre is roughly double the resolution once shifted for equivalent FOV.

If someone is after the Kipod T/S adapter setup I use for this I can offer that for US$700 including the Novoflex ASTAT-NEX customised to fit the adapters (lens rise/fall, body shift left/right). Fully flocked to remove internal reflections.

Last edited: