The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 50mm Summicron R f/2 Nikon F mount 450.00

danielmoore

The focus and aperture rings show that it's been well used but it has not been abused. The glass however is immaculate. No signs of haze, fungus, coating damage, scratches, nothing. The built in lens hood functions perfectly as do the aperture and focusing rings. No visible oil on the blades. The serial number indicates that it is 1 of 1000 made in 1985. I bought this a couple of years ago and it didn't come with the original Leica R mount.

I sought this out to explore it's characteristic bokeh at near wide open apertures and to me it's glow at f/2-2.8 is just beautiful and can be used to great effect. It's been sitting for too long now and I'm just looking to generate funds for my next "project lens". Note also that this lens seems to have no problem feeding a D810 enough resolution. It is crazy sharp by f5.6.

USPS Priority Mail, CONUS only. Shipping is included. Let me know how you prefer to pay, I'm pretty flexible. If paypal, please add their fee to the sale price.

Let me know if you have any questions I haven't covered.

More images here:
https://www.getdpi.com/gallery/index.php