Site Sponsors

Thread: Leitax Bayonets to convert Leica R to Nikon Mount

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Leitax Bayonets to convert Leica R to Nikon Mount

I have some of these available, new, $99 plus shipping. Don't wait two weeks to get them from Spain when I can get them to you in a day or two.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leitax Bayonets to convert Leica R to Nikon Mount

As the official US reseller these bayonets have full Leitax company support and guarantee.

(This may need to be moved into the reseller forum.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Monza, can you post a list of lenses that don't work or can't be converted? Also, am I correct in assuming that the lens works in stop down only, or does the camera stop down the aperture?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the lens works in stop down mode.

David @ Leitax reports the following with regards to lens compatibility:

A few Leica-R lenses will not clear the mirror of a Nikon-F camera :

Super Angulon 21mm f:3.4
    Summilux 35mm f:1.4
    Fisheye-Elmarit 16mm f:2.8

Canon users are familiar with this on these lenses.

- The Summilux 50/1.4 (1st. and 2nd. versions) seem to be slightly different than the rest of Leica-R models, they can use the Leitax bayonet, but may need a minor shaving on the new mount.

About the extra shaving with the 50/1.4 Summiluxes, I had feedback from a customer that found his one working perfectly and all the holes in the right position, so it is not a general problem.

- A recent diglloyd.com blog entry states that "using the Leitax conversion kit ... The 90/2 APO unfortunately has a mechanical issue that won’t allow it, and the 280/4 APO has an issue as well" ...
    http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/2009-02...090216Nikon180

- I've checked the APO-90 issue , and I will make an special edition of Leica-Nikon bayonets for this lens.
    About the APO-Telyt 280/4 the issue is only that removing the original bayonet you also remove the light baffle attached to it, please look at the APO-Telyt 180/3.4 instructions to see a similar case.

NEW! The Summicron 35mm f:2 has been tested successfully on a Nikon D3, it works perfect, no mirror hitting.
    NEW! The APO-Summicron 180/2 has a thicker R-cam and needs a modified Leitax bayonet. It will be ready soon.

These lenses can be used only on APS-sized sensor cameras :

Elmarit 24mm f:2.8
    Elmarit 19mm f:2.8 ROM version

Finally, the following lenses cannot use the Leica-Nikon bayonet due to physical incompatibility :

Elmarit 35/2.8 1 cam
    Vario-Elmar 35-70/4 ROM
    Telyt-R 400/6.8

As far as I know , all the rest of Leica-R three cam lenses will not have problems with mirror clearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news on the 35/2 - was worried I'd have to sell my late model when moved to/added a Nikon FX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ugh, David shipped my order on February 23rd and it has still not arrived! I really want my bayonet! But I know it will not get here any quicker from the US...
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook