The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leitax Bayonets to convert Leica R to Nikon Mount

monza

I have some of these available, new, $99 plus shipping. Don't wait two weeks to get them from Spain when I can get them to you in a day or two. :)

monza

As the official US reseller these bayonets have full Leitax company support and guarantee.

(This may need to be moved into the reseller forum.)

Monza, can you post a list of lenses that don't work or can't be converted? Also, am I correct in assuming that the lens works in stop down only, or does the camera stop down the aperture?

monza

Yes, the lens works in stop down mode.

David @ Leitax reports the following with regards to lens compatibility:

A few Leica-R lenses will not clear the mirror of a Nikon-F camera :

Super Angulon 21mm f:3.4
Summilux 35mm f:1.4
Fisheye-Elmarit 16mm f:2.8

Canon users are familiar with this on these lenses.

- The Summilux 50/1.4 (1st. and 2nd. versions) seem to be slightly different than the rest of Leica-R models, they can use the Leitax bayonet, but may need a minor shaving on the new mount.

About the extra shaving with the 50/1.4 Summiluxes, I had feedback from a customer that found his one working perfectly and all the holes in the right position, so it is not a general problem.

- A recent diglloyd.com blog entry states that "using the Leitax conversion kit ... The 90/2 APO unfortunately has a mechanical issue that won’t allow it, and the 280/4 APO has an issue as well" ...
http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/2009-02-blog.html#_20090216Nikon180

- I've checked the APO-90 issue , and I will make an special edition of Leica-Nikon bayonets for this lens.
About the APO-Telyt 280/4 the issue is only that removing the original bayonet you also remove the light baffle attached to it, please look at the APO-Telyt 180/3.4 instructions to see a similar case.

NEW! The Summicron 35mm f:2 has been tested successfully on a Nikon D3, it works perfect, no mirror hitting.
NEW! The APO-Summicron 180/2 has a thicker R-cam and needs a modified Leitax bayonet. It will be ready soon.

These lenses can be used only on APS-sized sensor cameras :

Elmarit 24mm f:2.8
Elmarit 19mm f:2.8 ROM version

Finally, the following lenses cannot use the Leica-Nikon bayonet due to physical incompatibility :

Elmarit 35/2.8 1 cam
Vario-Elmar 35-70/4 ROM
Telyt-R 400/6.8

As far as I know , all the rest of Leica-R three cam lenses will not have problems with mirror clearance.

robmac

Excellent news on the 35/2 - was worried I'd have to sell my late model when moved to/added a Nikon FX.

Stuart Richardson

Ugh, David shipped my order on February 23rd and it has still not arrived! I really want my bayonet! But I know it will not get here any quicker from the US...