The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikkor and Canon vintage LTM lenses

kermaier

My gear rationalization effort proceeds apace!

Up for sale are a couple of really nice vintage lenses for Leica screw-mount (or M-mount, with an adapter):

Nikkor-S.C 5cm f/1.4 LTM $625

This a classic lens of the classic rangefinder period: Nippon Kogaku Japan's (Nikon) version of the Zeiss Sonnar formula, which helped make their reputation in the post-WWII era. This example is from fairly late in the production run, with the less common black aperture index ring.

Several of these lenses have passed through my hands over the years, and this is the cleanest one I've ever seen, by far:

• The chrome and black paint finish has a few scattered signs of use that you have peer at to see.
  • The glass is exceptionally clear for a 60-year-old lens (or a 5-year-old lens, for that matter), with just a bit of dust and maybe a few faint cleaning marks visible under LED illumination.
  • The focus is silky smooth and well-damped, and the aperture ring turns smoothly and clicks firmly at all stops.
  • The diaphragm blades show a little oil, but I've come to the conclusion that this is nearly unavoidable with these lenses.
The lens comes with proper front and rear caps.

Canon 35mm f/2.8 LTM $300

This is a great all-round rangefinder lens, from classic Leica screw-mount cameras to the latest M10. It produces a nice vintage color palette, and a medium-low contrast tonal range, which is particularly nice on digital in full sunlight. The Canon 35/2.8 is very compact, and it's built like a miniature tank in chrome over brass.

• This one is super clean, cosmetically, and sports a nifty "EP" mark in red, denoting that it was originally sold through a US military outlet.
  • The glass is very good, with a few cleaning marks and some dust.
  • The focus is very smooth and properly damped, and the aperture is smooth and clicks firmly.
  • The diaphragm blades show a bit of oil, which is nearly ubiquitous with these lenses.
The lens comes in its original leather case with matching parallax-corrected external viewfinder, a proper metal rear cap, and a non-original (but still quite useful) push-on plastic front cap.

Administrivia

• Prices included PayPal fees and shipping within the continental USA.
  • Other destinations extra, at cost -- insurance and tracking required.
  • In-person transactions are possible in Northern NJ as well.
  • Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, or to make reasonable offers -- particularly if you're interested in multiple items.

kermaier

Nikkor 50/1.4, Nikkor hood and Canon 85/1.9 hood are sold.
Canon 35/2.8 and 50/1.8 hood are still available.