The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad DPS 4x4 Chimney Magnifier for CFV

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I have an as-new boxed unused DPS 4x4 magnifier (Part # 72534) for use with 500 series Hasselblad bodies / VF screen for accurate focusing. Specifically produced for CFV back use and pretty hard to find these days.

Looking for $400 PP including shipping CONUS. International at cost.

dave.gt

I have an as-new boxed unused DPS 4x4 magnifier (Part # 72534) for use with 500 series Hasselblad bodies / VF screen for accurate focusing. Specifically produced for CFV back use and pretty hard to find these days.

I would love to have one of those... for my 503. Wondering if it would work on an H camera screen. The sun makes it hard to see any screen.

jng

I would love to have one of those... for my 503. Wondering if it would work on an H camera screen. The sun makes it hard to see any screen.
Dave,

This viewfinder is designed to fit into the slot above the camera's focusing screen. I don't think this would work so well for viewing the LCD on your digital back. You might look into getting a dedicated loupe. I've not used one myself but I think others here use loupes made by Horseman (e.g., see https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/899482-REG/Hoodman_ch32_Compact_Hoodloupe_3_2_Viewing.html), which are specifically tasked for the job and considerably less expensive as well.

John

GrahamWelland

What John said. I use that same hood man loupe with my Phase One MFDB.

The chimney finder slides in to replace the WLF on the 503 body.

dave.gt

What John said. I use that same hood man loupe with my Phase One MFDB.

The chimney finder slides in to replace the WLF on the 503 body.
John, Graham, thanks so much for that information. I had looked for something similar but missed finding it. I think I will try the Maxwell screen first, then the chimney. After I get a paying gig, of course, LOL!:)

Seriously, my biggest problem with digital cameras, phones, etc is reading or even seeing anything on the screen! Hopefully I will find something for the H5D.:)

GrahamWelland

Does this magnifier have an adjustable diopter?
The magnifier doesn't have an adjustable diopter but does come with a diopter ring that you put in a custom lens from your optician based on your prescription.

Thats the ring at the front of the picture.

The magnifier does have a focus adjustment ring though so depending upon your needs you may not need the diopter (I didn't).

Cire

Hi!

please, is your DPS 4X4 still to sell?

best regards,

Eric