The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noctilux 50mm f1.0 E58

Z

zoom2zoom

Leica 50mm f1.0 Noctilux E58 serial 2750009

CLA performed by DAG in Feb 2007 ($175)

Focus is silky smooth, glass is clean, barrel excellent with very few pinpoint bright marks in ridges of the barrel.

Comes with front and rear caps and hood.

Price: $3825 plus shipping and paypal fees.

let me know if you need additional pics

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/485321925_fVpuE-M.jpg

cam

the first version of the f/1 Noctilux was a slightly smaller lens -- 58mm. filters are much more plentiful and less expensive than the later E60 -- 60mm -- lens. they chose to make the Nocti slightly larger so that you could swap filters back and forth with the 75/1.4 Lux and 21/2.8 Elmarit.

some say the E58 was better built and i'd like to think it's true because this is the one i own and love to bits :p

Lloyd

the first version of the f/1 Noctilux was a slightly smaller lens -- 58mm. filters are much more plentiful and less expensive than the later E60 -- 60mm -- lens. they chose to make the Nocti slightly larger so that you could swap filters back and forth with the 75/1.4 Lux and 21/2.8 Elmarit.

some say the E58 was better built and i'd like to think it's true because this is the one i own and love to bits :p
Hmm... I'm not one of the "some say". I've used both, and kept the newer version. Built like a tank!! Both are marvelous performers, and very special glass.

Erik Five

The images looks the same as with the E60 so I would say the smaller the better. I would go for this over the E60 which I have owned 2 off.

cam

The images looks the same as with the E60 so I would say the smaller the better. I would go for this over the E60 which I have owned 2 off.
i completely agree with you, Erik, and i say that as a very happy owner of the E58 lens. anybody who's been lusting after a Noctilux -- you really can't beat this deal!

Z

zoom2zoom

still available..

make it easier at $3600 plus shipping and paypal fees.

cam

go for it Riccis!

there is something special in the f/1 that i'm not seeing in the few shots shown from the newer lens. i think this would brilliant for weddings!