The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad H Kit, Mamiya RZ67 Portrait + Tilt/Shift Kit, 3Fat Pixel digital backs

fotolli

Hi all,

I am a bit of gear head and have accumulated far too much stuff over the years, so some things have to go.

Here is a list of what I´d like to sell:

- Hasselblad H2 Body, loads of usage, but going strong. Previous owner had it serviced and hence it has the latest firmware installed. Comes with 2 L-ion batteries 7.2V and charger. Asking 400€

- Hasselblad HC 50mm I, 10843 shutter actuations, a little rip in the focusing rubber that is purely cosmetic, otherwise clean and good condition. Comes with both caps and sun shade. 1200€

- Hasselblad HC 80mm, 79751 shutter actuations, normal signs of use, works flawlessly. Comes with both caps and sun shade. 800€

- Hasselblad HC 100mm, 7957 shutter actuations, very good condition, works flawlessly. Comes with both caps and sun shade. 1800€

- Mamiya RZ 67 pro
, body with WLF, clean fully working condition
- Mamiya Sekor 3.5/127mm w, this is the far better newer version of the 127mm clean glass, works flawlessly, both caps and rubber sun shade included, as well as original packaging
- Mamiya Sekor 4.5/75mm SB + spacer, this is the very rare short barrel version of this lens to be used with the tilt shift adapter, very clean, both caps included
- Mamiya RZ Tilt/Shift adapter, very clean and fully functional
- Mamiya RZ AE prism finder, in a bit of a rough condition, but does the job
- Mamiya RB Loupe Chimney finder, works fine on the RZ, 3x magnification for the entire frame, 5x magnification for the center, excellent for critical focusing

Price for the entire Mamiya RZ Kit: 1600€

- Leaf Adapter Hasselblad H to Mamiya RZ, excellent condition, needed to mount any digital back with Hasselblad H mount on a Mamiya RZ 67, Price 400€
- Phase One Adapter Hasselblad V to Mamiya RZ, excellent condition, needed to mount any digital back with Hasselblad V mount on a Mamiya RZ 67, Price 300€

Digital Backs:

- Sinar Emotion22,
self contained back with22 megapixel Dalsa Sensor, interchangeable adapters for different camera systems. The back is in used condition, especially the rubber housing, which is a typical issue with the Emotion series, but only cosmetic. There is a very faint small scratch in the IR sensor, which shows up in pictures, but for example in portraits doesn´t matter, since it´s likely in a blurred background, so you don´t realize it and in landscapes, if you have a monochrome sky, it is very easily retouched. I can provide a picture to show the effect upon request.
Another issue is, that the back won´t tether in its current condition. I visited Sinar, since I happen to live in Zurich, Switzerland, and the technician said that it is likely due to the very old firmware installed on the back, which is not compatible with current software. The back shows up as a firewire unit, so it´s not an hardware issue.
Firmware could be updated, but there is a risk that the back "dies" during this process, so that I did not dare doing it up until now, since I use it untethered with great results.
So, to sum things up, the files the back delivers are terrific. Sinar colors are probably the most accurate and the skin tones of the Dalsa Sensor are legendary. But you will likely never shoot tethered with this back and do a little bit of extra retouching, if you feel you need to.

Price: 1000€ , which includes either the Mamiya RZ or the Mamiya 645 AFD mounting plate (if interested the second plate can be bought for an extra 200€)

- Leaf Valeo 22wi,
digital back with 22 megapixel Dalsa Sensor, flawless condition, works tethered only (or with the optional portable solution you can take it anywhere)
To my personal taste the back delivers the nicest skin tones for portrait work and with either the Hasselblad H and HC100mm, but also the RZ with the 127mm you get a creamy film like look, that reminds me very much of Portra 160 NC. For what it delivers, it´s a bargain. Price 700€
( I also have the most important part of the portable solution available, which is the 20gb digital magazine with batteries, that is need for powering up the back and storing the images. For an extra 200€ it´s yours)

- Hasselblad Imacon 528c multishot digital back, 22Megapixel back with Kodak fat pixel sensor this is still one of the most capable devices out there. Use it in 1-shot, moiré free 4-shot oder microstep 16-shot modus, which results in 88 megapixel files. The great thing about the microstep modus is, that it quadruples the resolution, but since the basis is a 22 megapixel sensor, older glass will do the job perfectly, since it is nowhere as demanding as the last generation 80 Megapixel CCD or 100 Megapixel CMOS. The output is equally good, if not better in some respect, speaking of color accuracy and moiré free files.
It´s surely more cumbersome to use and you need to control your environment, but it comes at a fraction of the price.

The back is in good fully working condition. Unfortunately it suffers lately from some fungus on the IR glass, which is a common issue with those old backs. Right now it´s only visible on one edge and the back could be used, but it´s a better idea to have the IR glass replaced. There is an Hasselblad approved service Partner in Denmark, who does the job for 365€.

Digital back – Hasselbladrepair.com

Besides the back, there is the 40gb image bank included, as well as a battery, charger, a long and a short connection cable between back an imagebank, firewire cord, sync cord and one camera adapter of your choice. I do have the adapter for Hasselblad H, Rolleiflex 6xxx and Contax 645.

Because of the IR-Filter issue, I´d let go of the back for 2500€ including one adapter (additional adapters I could sell for 300-500€ depending on which one you´d like)

Pictures of all the items can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ookhdvbdj3x8jjg/AAAWGKguZYPF_M9vVo9zvDxma?dl=0

If you are interested in more the one item we can discuss prices. Generally speaking, please no low-balling. I checked ebay prices in Europe and the US and think my prices are fair.

I´ve dealt on this forum and LuLa before and have a long ebay history under user name "fotolli", although I haven´t been very active there as a seller for the last couple of years.

Pleas PM me with any question and I try to get back asap.

Best regards,

Oliver

Last edited:

fotolli

The Leaf Valeo is SOLD
Leaf adpter to H to RZ is SOLD
Mamiya Chimney Finder is SOLD
Hasselblad H2 is SOLD --- have another one with only 20-25K actuations (have to look up the exact number)

Anything else still available.

Offers are welcome... thanks