The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica X-Vario (LN/Boxed) with VF-2, Leica Case, Extra batteries!

D&A

Hi All,

My "Like New" boxed, flawless Leica X Vario Camera is up for sale with the Olympus VF-2 finder, Leica X Vario case and two extra batteries for a total of three batteries. *** I am the original owner of this Leica X Vario, having purchased it brand new from an authorized Leica USA dealer.

I have found the X Vario an extremely versatile "take along, go anywhere" compact camera when very high optical performance with little compromise is needed in the 28-70mm focal length range. It has "HD" video for capturing those memorable moments when something more than stills are desired. Additionally its close focus ability is quite amazing as shown in the hand held images below and the body has a small built in flash for fill flash or those times when its called for.

I can tell you from having shot with and testing 4 different X Vario cameras before purchasing this one, that this one has no detectable optical lens misalignment and is near perfect at all focal lengths.

Reason for sale:

I am staying with the X Vario. Confused? Let me explain. I am partial to silver bodies and when a silver color X Vario was made available, I decided to purchase it and thus my black color one is being put up for sale. That's how much I think of this versatile camera. It's operational and processing speed compared to the current Leica CL is slower, but it's optical performance compared to the Leica CL with its 18-85mm equivalent is every bit its equal. I even had the chance to compare RAW full size identical taken subjects taken with both the X Vario with its 18-70mm and Leica CL with the 18-85mm lens with each. That's how good the X Vario lens is and is often noted as an optical achievement of Peter Karbe of Leica The lens has often been called brilliant! It is very sharp edge to edge at all focal lengths and all apertures!

If you don't need or desire a Leica APS camera that can take interchangeable lenses along with the additional operational speed and also can forgo the built in EVF of the CL vs. the X Vario's external one...then one can save approx. $2700 and have a camera that belies the sum of it's parts. Read any of the many unbiased reviews on the web to see how surprised users and reviewers were of the performance and capabilities of the Leica X Vario.

Included in this sale are the following:

1. Leica X Vario Body in "LN" condition, boxed and complete with hot shoe cover. There are no marks, scratches, dents etc. Simply near perfect condition. A Giottos Schott glass screen protector, installed the very 1st minute the camera was removed new from the box. The actual LCD is scratch free. The glass screen protector was installed just a smidgen on a 1 degree slant (really inconsequential).

It comes with all that's pictured below. That includes the original Leica lens cap, the Leica battery charger with universal plugs, original Leica battery, two 3rd party batteries that perform similarly to the Leica battery, the original strap (very lightly used), USB cord, instruction manuals and accompanied booklets.

2. Olympus VF-2 electronic viewfinder in "8" cosmetic condition with slide on protective contact cover (when not using EVF). The Olympus EV-2 is an identical equivalent to the Leica EVF-2. Either one works equally well and identically. I purchased the VF-2 used with some cosmetic external scratches and marks on the plastic housing including on the front word "Olympus" (as shown in pics below. Its strictly cosmetic. Glass viewfinder is scratch free and operationally, it works perfect.

3. Lecia X Vario protective case in black color with white stitching to protect the body.

4. Two extra 3rd party batteries in addition to the original Leica battery...making a total of three batteries. Generally more than enough for a full day's shooting with each battery providing more than 300 images worth of shooting (for a total of more than 900 images). Ones millage will vary depending how much chimping and other options are used.

Below are not only pictures of each of the included items but two "Hand held" pictures of the close up ability of this camera and a 100% crop of each picture.

Price for everything is $1295.00 (plus 3% for Paypal) with free shipping within CONUS (within the lower 48 U.S. States). For other destinations, please inquire.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Here are two "Hand Held" close up images with their respective 100% (actual pixel) crops to demonstrate excellent close up abilities of the Leica X Vario lens.

Attachments

D&A

Re: SOLD!! FS: Leica X-Vario (LN/Boxed) with VF-2, Leica Case, Extra batteries!

Hi All,

The X Vario kit and all items listed have now been sold. Thanks to everyone who showed am interest in purchasing it. Greatly appreciated!

Dave (D&A)