The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: D700

Amin

I've been toying with the idea to sell my D700 kit (D700, Nikon 35/2, Nikon 85/1.4) to go small with an Olympus kit, but I'm not quite ready for that move yet!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I've been toying with the idea to sell my D700 kit (D700, Nikon 35/2, Nikon 85/1.4) to go small with an Olympus kit, but I'm not quite ready for that move yet!
Well then why the heck are you teasing me with it?

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:,

Amin

Sorry Jack :rolleyes::ROTFL:. Was just thinking out loud and seeing if someone would say something to convince me one way or the other!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob,

You forgot to include, "at a screaming deal price!"

But you're my new best friend anyway!

:ROTFL:,

Amin

Okay, I get it, I get it :ROTFL:.

For now, let's pretend I never posted in this thread :eek:.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roger -- no I wasn't the buyer. I decided the faster framerate was more important for my needs than the extra pixels, so I am wanting a D700 instead.

STILL LOOKING!

Greg Seitz

Jack,

Not sure what price you're looking for but Amazon has them in stock at the moment for $2351. Pretty near the going price for used ones on Ebay.

Greg

akiralx

FYI Jack, the new Nikon AFS 50/1.4 is worth the money. Lots faster and excellent Bokeh.
I have and like the lens on my D700, but its AF speed is not fast (if that is what you meant).

The 70-200VR AF speed is amazing - kudos to the 80-200 if that is even faster!

fotografz

I have and like the lens on my D700, but its AF speed is not fast (if that is what you meant).

The 70-200VR AF speed is amazing - kudos to the 80-200 if that is even faster!
The new 50G is faster than the previous one is what I meant.

Lars

Jack, the Sigma 50 is worth considering unless you value the compactness of the Nikon 50. The Nikon is compact, but no match for the Sigma in terms of bokeh quality.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well as it turns out....

I had somebody throw a very lightly used 1Ds3 at me for a could-not-pass-on-it price. I like the pro body features of improved AF, dual card slots, weather-proofing and extended battery life -- plus this one isn't nearly as heavy as it's predecessor. And the lenses mount in the correct direction!

(But regardless of what anybody tries to tell you, it 'aint no MF back equivalent!)

:D,

Amin

Congrats Jack. I thought you had one of those back in the day, no? Incidentally, the only thing that bothers me about the D700 is how the lenses mount (and focus) the wrong way. I'll never get used to that!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I tested one Amin, but never owned it before now. And I agree -- I shot Nikon for 25 years and NEVER got used to the wrong-way lens mounting and wrong-way manual focussing!

dseelig

Well congrats Jack. the latest fix on the 1ds k111 focusing is great. So now want a 24 1.4 thinking of selling mine??? Make sure yours has been sent for the latest fix as canon on one of my 1d bodies changed the mirror box and shutter. You never know what they will do . David

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Mine focuses fine, and the sensor seems as close as aligned to the viewfinder as I can discern, so maybe I got lucky?

I've owned the 24/1.4 a few times and it is a superb lens, but I tend to shoot a bit longer most of the time. It's probably more than I'd want to spend, but feel free to send me a PM with your asking price.

Cheers,