The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock 40HR & 180 APO Sironar

JohnBrew

In Arca-Swiss RM3di mounts.
40HR. I purchased new last year from RodK. Excellent+++ condition. With caps, shutter release, electrical cord, AS focusing chart, scroll for viewfinder and mask for 6 x 6 film. $5000.
180 APO Sironar Digital. Excellent condition, glass is free of any imperfections. Comes with caps, spacer box, extended cable, extended shutter release, scroll for viewfinder and mask for 6 x 6 film. $1500.
Bank transfer, PayPal (add 3%) or personal check.

Attachments

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
In my experience both lenses are examples of the ultimate in lens rendering on a digital sensor. Buy in confidence. I have the 40hr and if i had the spare cash I’d buy that 180mm in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

JohnBrew

Well thank you, Graham, for those kind comments. I would add that the 40 has proven the sharpest of the Rodenstock's I own (even over the 70!), for those of you who have the time the 180 is a very satisfying lens. Rodenstock characterized this lens as their first to be able to handle both digital and film. While it IS ungainly with the required spacer, it gets the job done.

med

Well thank you, Graham, for those kind comments. I would add that the 40 has proven the sharpest of the Rodenstock's I own (even over the 70!), for those of you who have the time the 180 is a very satisfying lens. Rodenstock characterized this lens as their first to be able to handle both digital and film. While it IS ungainly with the required spacer, it gets the job done.

Info on the 180 is hard to find given all the different versions over the years... will it cover 4x5? Also, do you have any samples of it with a digital back, or did you only shoot it with film?

Thanks!

-Matt

JohnBrew

Info on the 180 is hard to find given all the different versions over the years... will it cover 4x5? Also, do you have any samples of it with a digital back, or did you only shoot it with film?

Thanks!

-Matt
Matt, I wrote Rodenstock and they sent me all the info. Unfortunately that info is covered by an NDA!! But they don't seem to mind sharing it. Funny that the MTF's are in Spanish. I know it has a huge image circle and I did shoot it mostly with digital back.

BTW, the 180 is now sold.
Thanks for looking,
John

med

Matt, I wrote Rodenstock and they sent me all the info. Unfortunately that info is covered by an NDA!! But they don't seem to mind sharing it. Funny that the MTF's are in Spanish. I know it has a huge image circle and I did shoot it mostly with digital back.

BTW, the 180 is now sold.
Thanks for looking,
John
Thanks, and no worries! Congrats on selling the 180. If I had some spare cash I would be all over the 40HR. Good luck with the sale!

-Matt