The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Arca Swiss Cube Leather Case

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I have the Cube ..great tripod head ..but I want the leather case that used to come with it . Let me know if you have one gathering dust and would like to sell it .

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have one, and am willing to part with it, but do you really want it? It's kind of useless.

--Matt

kdphotography

Mine came in a cardboard box. C'mon, Matt! That beautiful Coach leather---is a helluva lot better holding candy on the desk than the cardboard box. :ROTFL:

You have to admit----that leather case is some of the nicest packaging I've seen for camera gear. :thumbup:

Don Libby

My leather case withstood the trials of time sitting on a shelve in a closet collecting dust. I had thought of making it into a piggy bank of sorts and collecting quarters until it filled thus allowing me to buy that next camera. I never used the bag. It sat there collecting dust. Lonely in the dark all by itself. I'd look at it every once in a while whenever I open the door. I'd move it around from one side to another on the same shelve. I never thought of using it to house the cube the entire time I had it; instead I removed the cube and very promptly put the bag in exile. Forever sitting in the dark collecting dust. After several years of non use I found I didn't need it to make the cube work any better than it already did. I think Arca Swiss realized the same thing and stopped shipping the cube in them and offering a couple hundred bucks off the price. The cube never changed (until recently) the only thing to change was removing the nice coach leather bag and replacing the shipping container for cardboard. I no longer have that dusty, dirty never used bag and until just a few minutes ago hadn't thought about it for many years. Yes, while it was indeed a good looking bag it was useless. Kind of reminds me of an old girlfriend but that story is better left for another time and several beers.B&H used to offer the bag as a separate item however I'm not sure they still do. I happen to love the smell of rich leather goods and if you are set on getting one the all the best to you either way take it from me, it won't make the cube feel any differently. Don

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
No need to rationalize my request ...it can t be done . So would someone PM with an offer . A new one goes for $240 at BH ...but some of these posts seem to indicate its of little Value . :D

kdphotography

Seems to me, Roger, that either Matt or Don should be paying you to take that leather AS Cube case off their hands. :ROTFL:

Don Libby

Don't listen to Ken.The heart wants what the heart wants. Hell I'd give it to you if I still had it.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
That to a kind offer from Matt ...I will soon have a nice leather case for my Cube ! Thanks to the generosity of GETdpi . I will be looking to return the favor .

Roger

kdphotography

I wanna know how much Matt had to pay Roger....

:ROTFL:

The GetDPI family/community is great---glad it worked for you Roger!

:thumbup: