The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Feeler 80 Lux 3Cam

robmac

Tossing out an interest feeler on a nice 3Cam 80 Summilux. Hesitating doing this, but have a lot of overlap in that FL and have been eyeing some glaring gaps in my lens FL's and lighting gear (flashes, maybe Alien Bees) that need some funding, so..

Lens barrel has some wear - good number of paint flecks missing. If you're looking for a great 'looking' 80 Lux to hang around your neck while sipping a latte debating the hallmarks of good bokeh, this isn't your lens. The prior owner obviously liked using it a lot (as did I). Ok, that's the 'bad' news out of the way.

Now for the good news. If you want a lens that looks like it's actually taken photos, is optically pristine, can deliver the IQ the Lux is famous for and the idea of debating bokeh makes your skin crawl, this IS your lens.

The glass on this sucker is new. I know, we've all heard that before only to see sandblasted coke bottles, but I've never seen anything like it from a lens that was obviously used a lot.

NO cleaning marks, nicks, dusts, elf droppings or sunspot damage on either front or rear element. Nada. Zippo. Bupkus. Also, if there is any internal dust, I'll be damned if I can see it. The blades are dry. Actually, the whole Ying/Yang thing between the internals and the external cosmetics is little spooky :confused:

Aperture ring is well used but remains nice and firm. Focus is typical 80 Lux - smooth but very well-dampened. Makes holding an F1.4 DoF nice and easy.

Lens comes with Leica front and rear caps, No box or papers :ROTFL:

Price is US$925 shipped by insured Express Mail from Canada and PP'd. Other payment options can also be discussed and if agreed to any difference to PP fees can be deducted. A custom-encoded ("80mm F1.4") happypagehk Leica R - EoS adapter and Canon cap are also available for US$50. Lens can also be converted to Nikon use with leitax kit (have one for my 60 macro and it's nice kit).

References here (ask around), on FM as Conner999 or on Ebay as Kumara999 (100%). If we get another puppy, I'll need to join another forum ...

Emails please.

I'll get some pics up ASAP.

robmac

Pics. Ignore the lousy product shots with my $2.00 setup and horridly dirty sensor (what you get for shooting at fast apertures all the time.. ). Any junk you see in the front element shot is actually on the paper behind the rear element. So far I've found one dust speck. Pictured attached is the optional custom adapter.

Now time to clean that sensor....