The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Studio, house and log cabin for less than an IQ3100!

M

mjr

Ok yes, it's a strange thing to post for sale but no harm in putting it out there!

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-garage/61868-cyclorama-infinity-wall.html

The above link shows lots of info, I have a place in the North of Sweden, around 100km from the Arctic Circle. It's a fully working studio in a big old ex shop, apartment upstairs, huge basement, double garage and a beautiful cabin in the garden. The whole place is up for a hassle free price of 30,000 Euros, 35,000 USD, 28,000 GBP! It's possible to negotiate for all the studio kit too if necessary, lighting, IPF6400 printer, anything you need is an option.

I've been offered a fairly unique opportunity to do something I've always dreamt of, a circumnavigation by yacht starting early next year, I don't think I'll be returning for a few years, if at all, and so it seems sensible to sell up if I can rather than just leave the place closed up, although I can do that.

It's cheap enough to be a summer place, or ideal for running photography workshops, it's a beautiful location. There are great options for renting out the cabin, loads of tourists in the summer, bloody cold and dark in the winter. There is plenty to do, it's perfectly liveable but well worn, I live in it now and it's warm and comfortable but outdated. The cabin is absolutely beautiful and worth the money alone. The main house apartment is like stepping back in to the 1970's, not in a good way! Could do with lots of cosmetic work, it's a wooden house though so ripping it out and starting again is straight forward or just leave it as it is. I concentrated on building the studio when I got here, that's in perfect condition, the rest is not at the same level but could be easily.

Only 1hr drive from main airport, 5km from nearest shop and petrol station, 20 mins from nearest bigger town, 1 hr from the main big town. Everything you need here, it feels remote though. Less than 1km away is a national park with beautiful waterfalls, in the winter we're surrounded by car testing places, lots of opportunity to rent out to engineers for winter season once it's done up a bit.

Studio

House

Cabin

On the off chance someone is interested then drop me a line, I can obviously sort out lots of info. Buying here is extremely easy, no lawyers or big fees, no hassle and very quick.

Questions? Just ask!

Cheers

Mat

M

mjr

Ok, I've had a couple of emails about location, should have been more specific!

The village is called Bredsel, 1 hr from Lulea, the main airport here. Across the road is Storforsen Nature Reserve

A few images from the house or close to it..

House is just to the left of the street lamp in this shot, we get a lot of Northern Lights over the winter, from now until Spring. The lights are from a big hotel which illuminate the waterfall and the fog rising.

This is the village on a typical winter night, it can get very cold, often down to -30 or more.

The main waterfall at Storforsen, less than a 5 minute walk from the house, lots of great smaller waterfalls too..

This is the river and the falls, drone sent up from my garden.

As you can see, it's a fairly amazing place, there are interesting rivers, lakes, forests and all sorts of moose, reindeer and stuff everywhere.

Anyway, hope this gives a little insight, the vast majority of the images I post are within a few km of the village.

Any other questions, just send me a message or email.

Thanks!

Mat

aly324

I'm not sure if the OP wants such publicity, but I'm just waiting for this amazing post to get picked up by PetaPixel or somesuch and go viral.

M

mjr

Thanks guys, not expecting it to sell here at all, it's a big thing to buy something like this! I'm fully prepared just to close it up and leave it for a few years or more.

I have been asked about the price, yes it's cheap but I got it cheap from a great old guy who just hadn't been able to handle it for years and it had been empty, I made a lowball offer and he agreed, plus there's work to be done to bring it up to more modern standards, I don't want to fool anyone in to thinking it's a perfect modern house, it's not.

The second reason for the price is that if you have followed my posts on here in the past, you will know I travel a lot working on projects all over the place, I am not motivated by money, I am entirely motivated by experience and new things. I have been based in Sweden for longer than I have been anywhere! If it's going to go to anyone, I'd rather it went to someone who shares my passion for photography and would enjoy the fantastic location, I don't need to be making money from other photographers.

Anyway, thanks again, have a good day!

Mat

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's unfortunate that I have to depend on my day job in Bangkok for another 5 years. This would have been a perfect summer residence, April to October. It has given me some ideas though :)

Pemihan

Damn, if I had the cash lying around I would pick this up in an instant. It's only 4.5 hours flight from where I live and that includes a 2 hour layover in Stockholm.

Where do you sell a kidney?

Last edited:

Shashin

But you just know the winters are long and cold--why else would a multi-year circumnavigation of the globe in a yacht seem like a good idea (most people just move to the south of France. ;) ). Still, mosquitoes are only a problem a couple of months out of the year. But a great place to conquer cabin fever--the perfect training for long voyages by boat...

Mat, sounds like a great adventure.

M

mjr

Thanks Will, indeed it should be a great adventure!

As for the house, I have had lots of emails and messages, have replied to everyone now. Won't be bumping this as it's not a normal thing for people to buy, it's here if anyone wants to know more.

By the way, driving home last night, this is the just down the road!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mjr

Afternoon

Just on the off chance anyone is considering this, I have decided to put the sale on hold for a little while. I feel more comfortable selling it with the apartment converted and feeling nice and modern, I have time to do it and it also covers me should it not sell, it will be ready to rent out. I have had contact from someone who is confident they can rent out both the apartment and cabin, so it may be that's the better option in the end.

Likelihood is it will be back for sale in a few months, with a price reflecting the cost of the work I've done but no more than that, I will feel much better knowing if I sold it that the new owner could turn up and enjoy it straight away rather than having to think about working on it or finding local craftsmen to do it.

Cheers

Mat

ConnorMc`

Afternoon

Just on the off chance anyone is considering this, I have decided to put the sale on hold for a little while. I feel more comfortable selling it with the apartment converted and feeling nice and modern, I have time to do it and it also covers me should it not sell, it will be ready to rent out. I have had contact from someone who is confident they can rent out both the apartment and cabin, so it may be that's the better option in the end.

Likelihood is it will be back for sale in a few months, with a price reflecting the cost of the work I've done but no more than that, I will feel much better knowing if I sold it that the new owner could turn up and enjoy it straight away rather than having to think about working on it or finding local craftsmen to do it.

Cheers

Mat
Hi Mat,

I couldn't get this out of my mind over the years... Would there even be a remote possibility in this coming up for sale soon?

Warm regards,
Connor