The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sony A6000 IR converted

vonalpen

For sale: Sony A6000 Infrared converted by Kolarivision

I bought the camera new directly from Kolarivison exactly one year ago, it is in excellent condition, all attached photos are from the actual items.
Sensor conversion type: 720nm Infrared, and it also includes the Hotspot reducing AR coating from Kolari.
Included in this kit are: Camera, all original accessories (incl. USB-charger with US-plug, but no paperwork), L-plate, 16GB SD-card and a second battery (aftermarket, not pictured).
The monitor has the Sony protective film on it since day one.
I will also provide the original invoice.
Reason for selling: Too much gear....

Price is US $ 640, shipping is free (worldwide), Paypal welcome.

Warning: The colors of the RAW files initially will be way off, because Lightroom or Photoshop (or any other converter) will not know that these are infrared files, so you will need to apply a custom white balance.
You can find plenty of great information from Kolarivision (including hints on processing, filters and other lenses...):
https://kolarivision.com/articles/

For an additional US $ 90 I will include the Sony E 3,5-5,6/18-55mm OSS, which comes with a Hoya Infrared filter:
This makes a great entry kit into infrared photography. In particular, this lens doesn't show the dreaded infrared hotspot.
The bayonet shows some peel of the chrome paint, it's actually made from plastic, which is typical for these kit zooms, but that obviously doesn't influence image quality.
Optical quality is good (ideally shooting at f8), OSS works just fine.
The files from this 24MP camera and lens combination are also great for conversion to black & white, I also made some very nice prints up to 17" x 22".

I have been selling many items here on getdpi, you can also check my Ebay history, username on Ebay is "vonalpen11" (100% positive feedbacks).

Contact information:

Jost von Allmen
Photographer
Ettenhusen 34
8314 Kyburg
Switzerland

A6000_infrared_01.JPGA6000_infrared_02.JPGA6000_infrared_03.JPGA6000_infrared_04.JPGA6000_infrared_05.JPGA6000_infrared_06.JPGA6000_infrared_07.JPGA6000_infrared_08.JPGA6000_infrared_09.jpg

Last edited:

vonalpen

New price for the camera and all accessories, as described: US $ 590
Plus the lens (and IR-filter, as described): US $ 80

vonalpen

Final price:
- For the camera and all accessories, as described: US $ 490
- Plus the lens (and IR-filter, as described): US $ 60

vonalpen

This kit is still sitting around, almost unused since I first started the thread!
The new price for this infrared converted camera, including kit lens, infrared filter, and all mentioned and pictured accessories:

US $480

Including shipping worldwide! PayPal welcome.

Jost

Last edited:

vonalpen

New price for the whole kit: US $430
This kit is great fun and an excellent way to experiment with infrared photography!