The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Schneider 120mm 5.6 Aspheric (Copal or Rollei shutter)

KevinGSaunders

Hi all,

I am looking for a good Schneider 120mm 5.6 Aspheric lens, either in Copal 0 or Rollei Electronic Shutter.

Let me know if you have one gathering dust.

Thank you so much.

Kevin

akpo

Hi Kevin,

There are multiple versions of Schneider-Kreuznach's 120mm f/5.6: Apo-Symmar, Macro-Symmar, Apo-Digitar all with different price points and perhaps coverage/optics/coatings.

I do have a 120mm f/5.6 Apo-Symmar+Copal 0 in excellent condition that I'm willing to let go for $400usd+shipping however. If interested I can send you the photographs of it.

Andy

Hi all,

I am looking for a good Schneider 120mm 5.6 Aspheric lens, either in Copal 0 or Rollei Electronic Shutter.

Let me know if you have one gathering dust.

Thank you so much.

Kevin

TheDude

I do have a 120mm f/5.6 Apo-Symmar+Copal 0 in excellent condition that I'm willing to let go for $400usd+shipping however.
Thank you for your offer for sale but, I assume, Kelvin and I are looking specifically for the "Apo-Digitar Aspheric" 120mm (MFR #03-1067556).

Schneider claims that this is a completely redesigned lens. May have been the last Large-Format style Schneider lens.

--------------
This is a completely redesigned 120mm f/5.6 Digitar lens in a Copal #0 Shutter. It will stand up to the performance demands of today's high resolution digital backs, allowing you to bring the swings and tilts of traditional large format photography into the digital arena. The implementation of Aspherical Lens technology makes this lens extremely versatile with an incredible 150mm image circle.

Last edited:

KevinGSaunders

That is correct. I also am going to step behind the Dude as I was converting to Rollei Shutters but got the IQ4-150 back and it is incompatible. I am therefore selling some lenses now,

Schneider Super Angulon XL 90
Rodenstock APO Sironar Digital 135

so if anyone is interested, let me know.

I do have one Schneider APO Digitar Aspheric 120 and it is a fabulous lens.

Thank you for your offer for sale but, I assume, Kelvin and I are looking specifically for the "Apo-Digitar Aspheric" 120mm (MFR #03-1067556).

Schneider claims that this is a completely redesigned lens. May have been the last Large-Format style Schneider lens.

--------------
This is a completely redesigned 120mm f/5.6 Digitar lens in a Copal #0 Shutter. It will stand up to the performance demands of today's high resolution digital backs, allowing you to bring the swings and tilts of traditional large format photography into the digital arena. The implementation of Aspherical Lens technology makes this lens extremely versatile with an incredible 150mm image circle.

TheDude

I do have one Schneider APO Digitar Aspheric 120 and it is a fabulous lens.
I am not surprised. The last large-format style Schneider 120mm.

If anyone out there has a Schneider APO Digitar Aspheric 120 but wants to change to Fujifilm’s GFX 100 and Hasselblad's 907X ...