The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Leica ME (M9). A Perfect Boxed New Sensor One Owner Body

D&A

Hi All,

As the title indicates, I am contemplating selling as perfect a Leica ME body as one might find, with its new non-corrosive sensor, boxed and complete. Since I have two bodies, it's sale would simply fund the purchase of a medium format lens. This is solely the reason for its sale. I am the original owner and Leica replaced sensor with the newest non-corroding type sensor and once returned to me with its new sensor installed, has never been open or used. It went in as a flawless body and returned as such but with its new sensor installed. Paper work from Leica N.J. will be included of course and when I have time in a few days, I will post pictures. In the meantime, here are additional particulars:

1. One owner

2. Near flawless body and this fact was noted when dropped off at a authorized Leica dealer for its sensor replacement.

3. It's boxed, complete with all instruction books, straps, battery, charger and all else that comes with a Leica ME when purchased new.

4. Although it is a lightly used body (as it is my 2nd body), I will post a accurate shutter count when I check the unique hex/decimal number generated on one of its last images taken before sent in for its sensor replacement. Since I left it wrapped upon its return from Leica, there is no way I can determine how many test frames (which Leica always does), they took after installing new sensor.

5. Additionally to everything mentioned above, it will come with a matching color thumbs-up. Model is latest one for this camera: CSEP-1S, the model with a rubber strip backing to protect the body and a cold shoe on top for an optional finder, so it's never necessary to remove it.

A boxed, complete, new non-coroding sensor Leica ME in this near flawless one owner condition is hard to come by. It's color, especially when seen in person is both unique and quite beautiful to the M9 lineage (pictures don't do it justice) and of course has its unique CCD sensor output, that many favor and not duplicated in any subsequent Leica M bodies produced. It's popularity continues to this day.

Price is $3195 net to me with free shipping in Continental U.S. (excluding Alaska and Hawaii, which will be extra). Sale to established forum members only.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Here are the pics of the Leica ME and entire contents/accessories of this entire package. Paperwork showing both, that I dropped off with Leica, a pristine "ME" body as well as subsequent paperwork showing the (non corrosive) sensor replacement, can be seen. Pictures also show the included color matching Match Technical CSEP-1S Thumbs up. Again if there are any questions, please ask and refer to the general text at the beginning of this posting for specific details.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

algrove

Dave is a first rate guy.

So to who ever buys his camera I will donate 4x32GB 30mb/s SDHC Sandisk cards, as long as I still have them available when Dave"s sale is completed. These cards are used by the Leica M9 and Monochrom 1 cameras.